Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Introduction... >
  • Introduction...

• Introduction...

Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM

Ys teh hey, I am a Navajo Native from Tuba City, Arizona. I love to quit but, is their an easier way to quit a pendelton blanket material by cutting out designs. i am having a problem with bunching whi8le I sew the fabric, the material is quite bulky and need advice in sewing the thick material.
    Old 02-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Gloria, Welcome to our group, as I assume you are a new member. I do not know very many people here myself, but do know there is lots of good advice and information from the experienced quilters.

Could you be a bit more specific? Are you cutting designs and adding them to the blanket....or cutting designs from a blanket and adding them to some other surface to make a quilt? I cannot picture in my mind what you are trying to explain. I have never seen a quilted blanket, but do know some people use old blankets to put inside quilts in place of the batting.

I will be interested to hear what your plan are for this new quilt.

June

Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Hi! I'm a fairly new, self-taught (mostly) quilter who is 'hooked' on it & embroidery! I tried free motion quilting some time ago & it was AWFUL!!! I discovered that pracicing on a little 'sandwich" pad is MUCH different than working on a big quilt!!! For one thing, it's easier!!? Believe it or not! I was making a quilt for myself so decided to use it as a 'practice' for free motion. IT's not wonderful but I am proud of it! It really IS the speed that makes a big difference in your tension. I had some areas that had the bobbin thread as a straight line! Had to go over many spots but it was a great learning experience. You have to find your speed & your rhythm & 'have at it'!! I am 67 years old & physically challenged but I don't let it keep me from my love of quilting! sewin'sam
    Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 AM

Have at it girl! AGe does not have a lot to do with what you do. It is your attitude and how much you want to do the job. I am 72 and find quilting is fun. I try to carve out some time each day for some sewing, but don't always get it done.

Would you answer 2 questions, please? Do you use a frame for your quilt, or do you just roll it up? And if the latter, how do you make sure you have gotten all the layers smooth? (that is a problem for me.)

Secondly, what kind of machine do you use.? I am collecting data from other quilters and want to find a new machine to replace my old one before it decided to Konk out on me. I would appreciate any information you and others would share withme.

I hope to get a lot of information. Thanks. Have a great day!!!
    Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Hi,I'm Carroll from Okla. I have been quilting for several years. Mostly like small projects. I am looking for an out of print pattern it is Robyn Pandolph's "Bible Stories". Anyone have it or know where I can get it?
    Old 02-07-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by carroll
    Hi,I'm Carroll from Okla. I have been quilting for several years. Mostly like small projects. I am looking for an out of print pattern it is Robyn Pandolph's "Bible Stories". Anyone have it or know where I can get it?
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=quilt+pattern+Bible+Stories&hl=en&rls=GGIH,GGIH:2007-04,GGIH:en&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title
    I found this one on eBay. Check it out and see if that is it.
    Misty
    Old 02-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Thank you for your help. That isn't the pattern I was hunting. It is a cute pattern so I may order it anyway. I want the one by Robyn Pandolph. Thanks alot. Carroll
    Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM

I found the name of the person who made the pattern...perhaps you can get some help at this site.

http://www.fatquartershop.com/robynpandolph.asp?sid=3616033&Store_id=499
    Old 02-10-2007, 05:56 PM

I checked out that website. They carry Robyn Pandolph fabric they didn't have her pattern, Bible Stories. This pattern Is out of print. It is a pattern with different stories from the bible to applique. I have talked to the designer and she didn't know where I could get a copy. I have looked and looked all over the web for it. I just thought someone might have it and they might make me a copy. Maybe some day I'll run across it. Thank you so much. Carroll
    Old 02-11-2007, 09:28 AM
    Boo

I would recommend a google search for the book title. That may lead you to someone selling it on Ebay or Amazon or something.