Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Kindle comments >

Kindle comments

Kindle comments

Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 AM

My kids bought me an Ipad for Christmas and I wondered what I would do with it. Well, I couldn't live without this thing. I keep all of my contacts, stash, opera music, recipes, blogs, in other words, my whole lfe is in this wonderful little tablet. I am now listing all of my patterns, with pictures. Finished my bucket list, with pictures, all of my favorite photos of DS's (4), DGK's (12), Son's wedding pictures, 1st GREAT granddaughter, etc. 42 books and quilting mags, also. I keep finding more and more to put on this thing and then it is backed up on my main computer and on Apple's backup system so I will never lose anything. My journals I still write in journal books. Welcome to Was. DC and love technology.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM

The verdict is still out. I got my husband a Kindle for Christmas and he loves it. He ordered a book I wanted to read for me to see if I like it. I started reading it last night. Still not sure. There is something about turning a page and holding a book, roaming through the library, I guess its hard to break habits. I too have many books that I end up donating to the library each year because I love a good book.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM

I use a Kindle...I do miss books and flipping back to a certain page to remind me of a connection. It can be done on a Kindle, just not the same as a paper book. The upside is storage is not a problem. Although I miss paper books, I love being able to grab my kindle and have hundreds of books available. I figure I'll come to love my Kindle, just not quite yet.
Helen
Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 PM

Got my Kindle for Xmas from my kids, and I love it!! Love being able to download books in 60 secionds and not have to go shop the aisles to find just the right one. I really enjoy going on Amazon and being able to read the first chapter of a book before buying it.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Hi, Toni: Thanks for your words of welcome! i used to live in Reston, VA so we have something in common there. My cousin has an IPad and says she cannot live without it. For some reason, though, i just can't get my head around all the new gadgets. I sincerely appreciate your comments and am amazed at the number of replies i've received to my initial email! Quilters are the best!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:28 PM

Hi, Nancy: I'm with your friends. What a beautiful picture of your quilt. I don't know where Warsaw is. I was born and raised in Joplin, but don't reveal that to many people. i'm just learning to quilt and am totally obsessed with the process. Thanks for your reply/comment.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM

What I like about the kindle is that I can adjust the print size so I don't have to look for my reading glasses. Also the books are cheaper and they don't take up any room.
I never run out of reading material anymore!!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Char
What I like about the kindle is that I can adjust the print size so I don't have to look for my reading glasses. Also the books are cheaper and they don't take up any room.
I never run out of reading material anymore!!
Same with the I pad. I can read in bed without a light on.