Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lots of quilters with dogs >

Lots of quilters with dogs

Lots of quilters with dogs

Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 AM

OOPS---the point of all of this was to tell where they are when I quilt????? Out of my sewing room!!!! The 4 cats ocasionally visit but with the juniors always wanting something to play Tug of War with, the quilting room just isn't the place for them....
Old 10-28-2010, 03:36 AM

My dog loves to run up and down our fence line "chasing cars", so most of the time he's out there getting his exercise and his jollies. I wouldn't want him near me when I'm working on a project because that tail of his can wreak havoc! I did try to work on paper piecing a grandmother's flower garden block with him at my feet and wouldn't you know his nose just had to go into the storage container! Welcome to the board!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 AM
Banned

I truly enjoy seeing everyones pet photos.
My best friend and sewing companion, Belle, passed away this past Feb.
We were blessed to have her in the family for 12 years.
The sewing room feels 'empty' without her there by my side. I still miss her.
She LOVED dragging the grandkids around the yard by a rope! (as much as they did!)
The last photo was taken just 1 month before she died.
[R.I.P. Babybelle]

Pulling Theresa (Belle was 5yr Theresa was 9yr)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103633[/ATTACH]

Jan. 4, 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103634[/ATTACH]

Belle - 5yr
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104105[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103628.jpe   attachment-103629.jpe   attachment-104100.jpe  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 AM

I have 2 dogs, a great dane and a rottweiler mix. Heidi and Gus are both rescues. Heidi, the great dane, was rescued from a puppy mill. She had at least 4 litters of pups by the time I got her at 4. Gus was picked up as a stray at 5 months old and adopted out twice and returned till I got him at 18 months old. They had separation anxiety when I first got them; tore up every pillow in sight whenever I left the house. They now are loving, gentle members of the family. I also have a fish tank with several fish; just lost my beloved Tiger Oscar last week. He was over 5 years old and 12" long. He must have weighed 3 pounds. The dogs don't go into my sewing area (my basement). They won't climb the stairs. Heidi is almost 8 and Gus just turned 6.

Gus
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104300[/ATTACH]

Heidi on her quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104539[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104295.jpe   attachment-104534.jpe  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 AM

We have a little pug named Tippi---or maybe she has us! She rules with a firm hand and rewards us with lots of licks--which we prefer to think of as kisses! Here's a black and white photo featuring her and my granddaughter, who were curled in an wingback when I grabbed the photo.

She was a "free" dog--given to us by a friend who rescued her pregnant mom from a puppy mill. I say free, but consider her our $25,000 pet--That's about what it cost when we combined the costs of three vets and two surgeries to remove the needle she managed to get stuck in her throat (She swiped the needle case from dining table) and also the cost of surgery and treatments for three broken bones--in MY leg--when she wrapped her leash around my ankle while out walking.

We adore her.

The eyes have it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104602.jpe  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:04 AM

We have a lovely Bearded Collie called Bernie. He is a rescue dog AND a Canadian champion as well as the boss of the house. He is either on the bed or at our feet. Loves his walks and his daily soccer games

Gloria
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Originally Posted by MaggieLou
I have two retired racing greyhounds. Lizzie is 11 and Dash is 14. My avatar is Frankie. He was 10 and died last December.
It was so nice of you to get Dash and Lizzie a leather sofa all for them...
Believe me they think they own it. At least Dash does. Lizzie never gets on the furniture. Frankie was the other one in the photo. Dash will glare at you if you sit where she wants to get.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 AM

We love our four legged children at this house. One inside Schnauzer, Rosie, who loves to sit under my computer or my sewing machine. One outside Heeler, Jake, who doesn't understand quilting at all!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Cyn

I have a beagle and jack russell inside underfoot all the time! They were rescued as pups! Lots of noise and energy that the 5 cats in the house don't always appreciate but toloerate very well. I love my babies!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM

No dogs, just had to get rid of one because no fenced in yard and I don't do inside. One cat outside, his name is Buttercup, my baby.