Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Need to learn how to quilt all over again >

Need to learn how to quilt all over again

Need to learn how to quilt all over again

Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM

welcome from se TX
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Welcome from North Carolina. I agree start with the bigger blocks and work your way down. Whatever you make will be cherished by your family.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Welcome from San Gabriel, California
Old 01-24-2011, 05:32 PM

Welcome to the group. You must take one small step at a time. You can do it! There are people you love that need quilts!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM

I love your 'get back to it' attitude. My motto is nothing lasts forever. Not the good stuff nor the bad. Keep your chin up and keep sewing!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vernia
Thank you for the vote of confidence. The problem is not really fine seams. Everything just takes alot longer and is harder to do and of course that makes it harder. Like I said, I just need to learn all over again but doing it different. Basically, I have to have confidence and patience.

Vernia, I've had many health issues that have taught me there is always another way around the physical problem. I had to allow myself the patience I'd allow anyone else. I work at things until it's time to stop and then resume again the next day. If I push too hard I only succeeded in setting myself back further. I've learned that moving ahead slowly I accomplish much more than I do when I push myself.

Your family are willing to wait for your special gifts because they know every stitch was made with your loving hands.

We all learn from each others loving kindness and guidance. What ever problems you have there is someone here who has encountered them too and we will gladly show you where to find the answers.

Andie
Old 01-24-2011, 07:33 PM

Welcome from Montana. Sounds like you have overcome alot, so sure you can overcome any problems you encounter. I am sure you will be able to come up with many solutions to learning a "different" way of making your quilts. Like others have said, you family will love any quilts you make.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM

Try to do some easy things first so you don't get frustated to fast. I know it's hard to come back after and during an illness. I have been there with a foot surg gone bad and it's really hard to do but a little at a time a before you know it you will find ways to overcome the way you will need to do things. Just hang in there you will get stronger. Good Luck to you.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Hi Irene,

Welcome!! Look around, you will learn a lot here and get lots of great ideas and inspiration.

Bonnie
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Welcome from St.Clair Shores, MI. Patience is a virtue. You've been patient while you're healing, so now be patient while you re-learn to sew and quilt. You CAN do it. Can't isn't a positive word, and we're looking for positive here. You CAN do it, and you will. Good luck. Post pictures when you can.