new to board

Old 12-07-2006, 05:02 PM

hi everyone,
I am new to this board and I love it already. I am from Moundsville WV where it is cold and snowing tonight. I love quilting, cross stitch ,sewing crocheting and knitting. I look forward to sharing ideas and learning new things from all of you
Millayna
Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM

Welcome! I am fairly new also to this board but I am in Southern California just outside San Diego and it was 81 here today. I grew up in the midwest so had lots of snow in my younger years.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:11 PM

Welcome! I am fairly new to this message board too and love reading all the comments and questions. Since you do more needle work than quilting, have you heard of Swedish weaving? My sister in Texas does beautiful swedish weaving throws.

Donna
Old 12-08-2006, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by millayna
hi everyone,
I am new to this board and I love it already. I am from Moundsville WV where it is cold and snowing tonight. I love quilting, cross stitch ,sewing crocheting and knitting. I look forward to sharing ideas and learning new things from all of you
Millayna
A big hello to you, I am a WV. home growen person now living in Va. I haven't been back there in years now but miss it from time to time. Well enough of that welcome to our board. And I am so hooked on quilting you would not believe it.
Misty :)
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 AM

Hi everyone, I'm very new to this board and I'm not very good with computers so forgive me if I get confused. I have been quilting for about a year and a half now and I LOVE it. :mrgreen: I would like to know what swedish weaving it. Can you explain please?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:17 AM

Today is my first day on the board. THIS IS GREAT!
For those of us who work and cannot attend classes this board is wonderful. All of you experienced quilters are appreciated by us newcomers.
I look forward to learning and sharing
Old 12-08-2006, 07:33 AM

Greetings!
Swedish weaving is not quilting, but is an interesting craft for those who like something different. It is done using monk's cloth and yarn used as thread. The yarn is threaded over and under the loops in the cloth to form a pattern. Do any of you remember when our mother's had huck-towels? Basically the same technique. You can buy the monk's cloth at Walmart by the yard. I know there are books out there with patterns. If any of you want to try this, please be sure to wash the fabric first and be ready for lots and lots of ravels on the ends. I stay stitched the ends of mine before beginning.

I love this message board! Thanks to all for your wonderful ideas and sharing your skills.