Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to the forum - and to quilting! - in Richmond, VA >

New to the forum - and to quilting! - in Richmond, VA

New to the forum - and to quilting! - in Richmond, VA

Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltinLee
Welcome to the Forum, Kate, from Western PA!
Thank you, Lee! I have extended family in PA, although NEPA, so practically the other end of the world from you. But I love hitting Lancaster area when we go up there!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
Welcome from Dallas, Texas. I too enjoy crocheting.

BTW. We love pictures here.
Thanks for the welcome! I have already loved looking at people's pictures, and I know it always got me inspired and gave me ideas on the crochet forum I frequented. One I have anything to speak of to show (good or bad) I'll whip out the Kodak :-)
Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Welcome - I'm sure your mom will let you raid her stash. Lucky you!
Thanks for the welcome, Moonpi, and the idea to go "shopping" in mom's craft room the next time I go home. Believe it or not I hadn't even thought of that, but I'm sure she would go for it (like a built in scrap swap partner, but she only has full cuts!)(although our taste in fabric is rather different).
Old 11-13-2008, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by KateD
Thanks for the welcome, Gayle. I mostly love staying at home with the kids, but I think I need to get out more sometimes. Hmmm, I hear quilt shops often have stitch nights (I know yarn shops did for knit/crochet, but there aren't any of those near me, and there are two quilt shops within 5 miles!)
Something to think about, have you looked into MOPS, Mothers of Preschoolers? It is a great program to get you out of the house a couple times a month for fellowship with other moms, time for a craft and time away from your children (they have child care) I am a mentor mom for a group in my area.

Also if you have friends with children, see about having her kids over to play for a couple hours a week and then she can have yours.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by KateD
Thanks for the welcome, Gayle. I mostly love staying at home with the kids, but I think I need to get out more sometimes. Hmmm, I hear quilt shops often have stitch nights (I know yarn shops did for knit/crochet, but there aren't any of those near me, and there are two quilt shops within 5 miles!)
Something to think about, have you looked into MOPS, Mothers of Preschoolers? It is a great program to get you out of the house a couple times a month for fellowship with other moms, time for a craft and time away from your children (they have child care) I am a mentor mom for a group in my area.

Also if you have friends with children, see about having her kids over to play for a couple hours a week and then she can have yours.
Actually, I am in a MOPS group, and was on the leadership last year :-) I think they need to meet more than twice a month (and just once a month due to elections and the like right now!). Luckily, the ladies in leadership are good at setting up some playdates and "mom's night out"s. We have two great mentor moms and some awesome MOPPET workers, and I thank you for volunteering your time to your group... I know from experience what a difference it makes and how forward we moms look to the meetings!! (kids, too, actually)
Old 11-17-2008, 04:34 AM

Hello and Welcome from Virginia.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Hi and welcome from TN!! We're glad you found us!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Did you hear about quilt shop bc? Honestly it's my first time to hear about it....Thank you!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Hi Kate, from another newbie quilter in sunny FL. I also am an avid crocheter and have only been quilting for the past two months. (Just finished this crocheted lapghan for a Christmas present.) I am so glad I found this quilting group - everyone here has been so nice and welcoming and helpful. Hope to talk with you again. Hugs, Holly J.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]296760[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pic_0260.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Hello, and welcome from Michigan!