Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to forum, sewing for over 50 yrs. >

New to forum, sewing for over 50 yrs.

New to forum, sewing for over 50 yrs.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM

PGTHOM: Welcome. Your projects sound like so much fun. I have patterns that I go from Nancy's Notion site for lots of things patients need and I've also made maybe 30 or 40 cancer chemo hats but that's about the extent of what I've done. I mostly make lots of quilts for foster kids with my quilt group. I love aprons, too. They never look good on me but I love them. I remember my grandma always had 2 aprons on...one that got dirty while she worked and if someone came over she'd pull the dirty one off and the one underneath was nice and clean for company. Nice memory that you reminded me of. Thank you. Welcome and enjoy your visits here.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the memories. I have a 7 month old puppy that will be getting spayed soon. She lets me know when I sew too long and neglect her. She is a shi-tzu, maltese mix, weighs about 8 pounds, & is a real lap dog. She's good company since I live alone. I'm starting a disapearing 9 patch for a wedding gift. Allowing myself lots of time. The wedding isn't till December. Jan
Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!! I still have 3 aprons that my DGM made me sew many years ago(40+) and I still wear them!