New Here

Old 06-28-2021, 04:09 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! As you can already tell there are answers for just about every question related to quilting. Love to have you onboard and look forward to seeing a lot of you here. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:31 AM

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. I looked at the link that was given but it's an American site and it says it doesn't ship to Canada. I looked on the Ebay Canada site but it doesn't seem to have the spring. But not to worry! I will search and search until I can get one. Thanks again, everyone for the welcome to your site. I can see that there is a lot of information to be gleaned from this group!!!
Old 06-28-2021, 06:04 AM

What about - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077RXGPPV It doesn't list Tin Lizzie, but does list the other machines that it fits - same/similar to ebay listing.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:53 AM

Thanks! I'll order some today. You guys are amazing
Old 06-28-2021, 11:08 AM

Well. I didn't have to order new springs. I called a sewing machine repair guy and he told me to take the assembly out and see if the spring is actually broken. It wasn't. So after some fiddling, I was able to get the tension assembly/spring working again. I had jammed the spring so tight that it wasn't bouncing back out. Thankfully, it's all working better now. And thanks to all here to helped!!!
Old 06-28-2021, 12:46 PM

Glad you got it working!
Jamie Wallen has a fantastic video on Youtube about setting your tension on a long arm. It is how I learned to do it. Have a look and welcome from London, Ontario!

Watson
Old 07-01-2021, 07:33 AM

Sorry I missed chiming in with my hello and well met, fellow quilter!

I'm glad you got your problems figured out -- and it's really nice that you came back and reported on the issue. A lot of times the questions get asked and possibly answered but we know nothing of the results.

It isn't exactly that the suspense is keeping me up all night with the drive-by posters, but it warms my heart to see us try and help each other and I really appreciate hearing the outcome.

I consider myself honorary Canadian -- I grew up in Alaska and have lived in the Seattle area for a few decades. I watch a lot of the tv channel CBUT from Vancouver. Hoping you managed to miss this recent heat wave.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:39 AM

Hi and welcome from sunny Southern California. I have a Tin Lizzie. She has a great stitch and I use Glide thread, top and bobbin. She's bare bones -- I bought her 10 years ago so I could do free motion and she does a good job.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:02 PM

Welcome from Mendo! You might post your question in the Main thread. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses. The people here are wonderful at helping out.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:46 PM

Thanks everyone. You sure make a girl feel welcome. I did get my machine problem resolved. Thanks for everything