Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New member, and looking for quilt ptn >

New member, and looking for quilt ptn

New member, and looking for quilt ptn

Old 02-14-2020, 05:12 PM

Default New member, and looking for quilt ptn

I joined this board today because I am looking for a particular quilt pattern that I saw in a blog when I was online in late December. I didn't note the blogger's name nor the blog title, I thought I had saved a copy of the picture but... Worse yet, my history has been cleared so I can't even find the link.

I am just starting to quilt, but I wanted this pattern because I want to make it in the future. I have done extensive sewing and cross stitch (a good 50 years of each!).

The blogger's picture was near the top, I am pretty sure she had a cat picture near the top - maybe even in her own picture. The blogger was a brunette; her hair was not short and may have been almost to her shoulder. I am pretty sure that the blog date was around August to October 2019 although it could have been 2018. . She did have posts in the first five or six months before the post I saw, then there was a break, and then the post I am looking for. She said that the pattern was from a quilt magazine - can't remember if she said 2018 or 2019. She clearly is an experienced quilter.

Her quilt was done in elegant colors or red, with some black, probably green, etc. I would describe the colors as elegant or dramatic. I have spent at least 5 hours on two different days going through Pinterest to locate the image, but no such luck. I also did a search for a quilt blog with Christmas quilt - to no avail.

I would be very grateful for any help in trying to track down this pattern. Thank you so very much. Sally

Old 02-14-2020, 05:19 PM

Great details on the blogger, someone may know it from that.

Can you give us more ideas of what the quilt looked like -- was it stars? A sampler? Bricks/blocks with sashing of some sort? Traditional, modern? Scrappy? Mono-chromatic??

You've probably already tried but even though you clear your browser there are still sites that track your data (google, your email, others) and you may just stumble on it again.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:08 PM

Default New member, and looking for quilt ptn.

Gosh, I didn't expect a response so quickly. Thank you so much!

I think the pattern would have been triangles or squares. It was not a log cabin. It didn't have curved-looking pieces which is one reason that I thought I could probably handle it as my quilting experience progresses. I wasn't looking for a cutesy pattern so this one appealed to me. I'm not good at changing colors in a design. The pattern that she referenced in a quilt magazine may have been done in difference colors than she used. I wish I could just remember the title of the magazine. I know that I did look for that magazine online at the time. It was available for purchase (eBay?) but I couldn't see the pages in the magazine.

Again, thank you for the quick response. Sincerely, Sally
Old 02-14-2020, 09:04 PM

I have no clue about your website, but wanted to suggest something. The next time you find a site that you love, copy the web address into an email and mail it to yourself. That way it doesn't get lost. Put a good identifying description in the subject line. I set up a quilt email at gmail so I could mail it to a quilt email so I wouldn't lose them. Lots of websites will allow copying the picture of the project or pattern into the email. This really helps when you are trying to find something special again.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:09 AM

I love that idea of creating a gmail account for things that I want to save. I am going to use it also for some of the genealogy that I want to remember. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2020, 08:19 AM

Welcome to the quilting board from Texas. I wish I could help you in your search but don't even know where to begin to tell you what to do. Hopefully you will run across it on another day. I like Barb's idea of a special email account for things like that.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:13 AM

I email stuff I want to save to my regular email account and then move it to a special folder. I have "Save" and "Links" folders to cover the things I don't want to get lost. I also have an Excel spreadsheet that I copy links to. I can write good descriptions on the spreadsheet and even sort them if i feel like it.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:17 PM

Welcome from Southern Indiana! When I lose a pattern and start searching, I usually find at least 15 that I like equally well...or maybe better. There are millions of patterns out there (at least, it seems like millions to me!), so I'm sure that if you don't find that one, you will find one you like just as well....or at least, I hope you do. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2020, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

Sally Amy- welcome to the board! I don't know who you are referring to but maybe someone else will. Glad you joined us!
The idea of emailing the url is a good one.