Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM

Hi, I'm a grandma many times over, a recent widow, and a quilter for about 30 years, with lots still to learn and lots more to make! Really enjoy making quilts for needy children, & wounded soldiers.
Hope to get lots of great ideas in this forum. Happy New Year! Karb
Old 12-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Karb

Welcome to our forum, you'll meet alot of very helpful and informed quilters, that are eager to help and are very knowledgeable.They are really friendly to. We have alot of grandmas.
I'm sorry to hear of your recent loss.
Have you tried the chat line yet? It's kind of hit or miss type chat line. But explore this site, I'm sure you'll feel right at home in no time. I'm sure you have a lot of valuable info to pass on as well. My name is Becky, and I'm glad to meet ya. I'm a NaNA x's 4.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm a mom, grandmom and great grandmom. I love quilting or at least collecting the patterns. I just can't stop printing them off or buying when they are on sale. I'll never live long enough to make them all but I love looking at them. I've made several but nothing fancy. Still learning.
Marilyn
Old 09-02-2007, 01:58 PM
lin

Welcome maryilyn. Don't we all love collecting (more than we'll ever use? :mrgreen: ) I know I'll never make every quilt I'd love to make, or use up all the fabric I've been collecting for so long, but I sure am having fun trying. :)
Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Marilyn, I too am a mom and grama and am loving learning to quilt. I have tons of patterns saved and a fabric stash that grows weekly LOL Lots of friendly people here, advice, knowledge and fun :D