Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
new to quilting and need help with my QCC >

new to quilting and need help with my QCC

new to quilting and need help with my QCC

Old 10-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Hi Debbie, and welcome! I started with the Pfaff Grand Quilter (12") and Inspira frame. Used that for a couple of years then updated to the Pfaff Grand Quilter (18.8"). Not sure which one you have. Either way, the Quilters Cruise control is installed the same way ... there should have been installation instructions in the box with the Quilters Cruise - here is a (really bad) pdf from their site showing how it is installed http://www.quilterscruisecontrol.com...DF/Inspira.pdf

Basically you are going to be installing the encoders (pictured here ... http://myqbot.com/accessories_QCC.html - scroll down to the "QCC Optical Encoder, mid-arm machines" item) - these get attached to the rear wheel on the left side (left when you are standing at the rear of the frame) of the "plate" (the shelf your GrandQuilter sits on) - there is a screw hole available for you to attach the encoder - and it will then roll with the wheel, which is what tells the encoder how fast you're going so it can figure out how fast to stitch. This one controls the front-to-back movement.

The other encoder gets attached to the right rear wheel (again, standing at the back of the machine) - this one controls the side-to-side movement.

Once the optical controllers are installed, the wiring of the QCC plugs into the controller.

I'm sorry I don't even have my machine set up again since we moved so I can't take a photo - is it possible for you to see either the QBot or QCC installed on a machine?? Both use the same method to attach the encoders? If QBot isn't answering your questions, try your Pfaff dealer - they may have one set up so you can see how things get installed and connected.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Hello and welcome from northern California!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:19 AM

Hi Debbie welcome from NE Ohio.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:05 PM

Welcome from Ohio!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-02-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Hello, I am new to long arm quilting too. My husband purchased my a used grand quilter 18.8 and an new imperial frame from a local quilt shop. My search for how to attach the encoder brought me to this feed. Can you please tell me which encoder in the side and which is the back one or if it matters. Thank you
Old 07-11-2018, 05:16 PM

Hi from Ontario. Maybe try you tube. You can find a lot on there.