Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to Quilting >

New to Quilting

New to Quilting

Old 07-25-2021, 02:49 AM

Welcome both Ladymoon and Debbie0919…you will find a lot of inspiration and helpful members here on the QB.

Debbie, I use Bottom Line in the bobbin or Auriful 50 cotton for piecing.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:03 AM

Another welcome from Michigan. After you finish the t-shirt quilt return to cotton fabric and your joy in quilting will grow and grown. It is the stretchy fabric. I know many of quilting friends us a lightweight interfacing on the back of each shirt piece to make it more stable/ less stretchy. But forge on and take pride in your efforts.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:28 AM

Welcome! I've made several t-shirt quilts and love the freedom of finding fabrics to compliment the motifs. PM me if you need any tips or help, I'm happy to send some photos ;-) Hugs!!
Old 08-10-2021, 04:54 AM

Hi, hope someone can help. I bought a pfaff ambition.5 about 10 years ago online but unfortunatly didn't register it. The computer on it needs updated but I can't do this as I don't have the receipt or remember where I bought it. Where can I go for help?
I'm on Isle of skye
Old 08-10-2021, 05:39 AM

You should be able to register it now so long as it was never registered before. If push comes to shove, you can identify a retailer. If you get the identity of the seller wrong, then why can't pfaff correct it if they know which retailer sold it. And if they won't work with you, be a complainer and bug them. If they say no, ask for a supervisor. And keep going up until you can get some satisfaction. ;-) Since you are on Skye, they should see from your address that there isn't a close retailer (I assume). Good luck!!