New recruit!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Welcome Pat! How's Coventry? We lived and worked there until moving here in 91, don't suppose I would recognise it now. You will enjoy yourself here.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada
Old 08-26-2010, 07:13 AM

a waem welcome from KY!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Katrine
Welcome Pat! How's Coventry? We lived and worked there until moving here in 91, don't suppose I would recognise it now. You will enjoy yourself here.
Hello Katrine! My name is Hilary(not Pat!) Where did u live in Coventry? You certainly wouldn.t recognise it now!! Just a concrete jungle, very run down quite sad really! The main store that used to be Owen Owen is now Primark!! Hardly top draw!! The hotel Leofric is now a Travelodge!! Says it all really! Have to go to Warwick for the nearest Quilt shop but I manage!!!! I love this board and "meeting" new friends and seeing all the fabulous quilts everyone makes. Speak soon. Regards Hilary: :-D
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Hello Katrine! My name is Hilary(not Pat!) Where did u live in Coventry? You certainly wouldn.t recognise it now!! Just a concrete jungle, very run down quite sad really! The main store that used to be Owen Owen is now Primark!! Hardly top draw!! The hotel Leofric is now a Travelodge!! Says it all really! Have to go to Warwick for the nearest Quilt shop but I manage!!!! I love this board and "meeting" new friends and seeing all the fabulous quilts everyone makes. Speak soon. Regards Hilary: :-D
Old 08-27-2010, 05:28 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Glad you could join us. A big welcome from Argentina. This board is addicting so you should get a lot of computer time in, LOL.
Isn't Skype great? That is how I keep in touch with my family in NY and friends around the world. Nice to be able to talk live and see everyone.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Sorry about the wrong name Hilary! Dont know how/why I called you Pat!
We were at the top of the Holyhead Rd, Coundon, before that Earlsdon. I lived in Coventry for 24 years. We used to walk the dog on the Wedge, but I believe that is built up area now.
You are lucky from my point of view only having to go to Warwick - no quilt shops here, only one 60 kms away - but prices/availability (24-26 euros/metre) here mean having to buy online from UK or US anyway.
Think a bit of me will always be a "Coventry kid" - I went there at 19, and made many good friends over the years, and have lots of good memories of my time there.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 AM

This world gets smaller!! I was born in Coundon(Hollyfast Rd) went to Southbank Rd School! Lived in Evenlode Cres as a child. Lived in Earlsdon (Coniston Rd) from 1980/2001 then bought a bungalow just off the A45 near Coventry Airport(The old Baginton Airport) We live in a lane overlooking fields but with the convenience of the road network shops etc. close by.They built a road thro the Wedge for the Jag(No longer there) but the bridle way etc is still there. They didn.t build on the fields.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the nice welcome!! Your right about the time spent on here!! I.m certainly improving my computer skills but I find myself still clicking away till the early hours instead of getting my "beauty sleep"!!!S kype is great I see my grandchildren in South Africa weekly which is more than I saw them when they lived in UK!!! :-)Sorry this reply was meant for pennyswings /Argentina!! Will get the hang of this eventually!!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Will send you a pm Hilary