Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New from SC

New from SC

Hi! I'm fairly new to quilting and have been looking for an online community to learn and draw inspiration from and I stumbled across this board. I work full-time (an accountant by trade) and last July found that I needed something creative to do in order to balance my work-related stress. I decided to reconnect with my beloved sewing machine and explore quilting after I ran across "The Midnight Quilt Show" on YouTube. I've really enjoyed the process so far - one lap quilt, one table runner and one workshop under my belt - and I hope to expand upon my new skillset with sage advise and guidance from this group .

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Angela Walters is a good teacher. You might also like Jenny Doan from the Missouri Star Quilt co. She has tons of videos on YouTube.

Welcome from Texas. You will find lots of help & inspiration here. YouTubes & video tutorials are a quilter's best friend. You can learn so much from the web.

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from NE Ohio.

Hi and welcome from North Carolina, piedmont area. And, congrats for getting thru another tax season. I know, I've been there... retired tax preparer and teacher. Now that you it's over for another year, you can relax more with your quilting!

Hi and Welcome from Upstate SC. There is a very active Quilters of South Carolina guild (statewide) that you may be interested in. There are a lot of local guilds here in SC and you can find a listing of them on the webpage.
    This forum is awesome but add to it a "live" group of like minded individuals and you have a good intro into the quilting world.....shows, retreats, classes, shop hops, etc
    Welcome Again!
    Murphy

https://www.quiltersofsc.org/
    Last edited by Murphy224; 05-02-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Welcome aboard Christina. Left Coast, Seattle area extending greetings!

I did high level office work for many years and one of the things I really liked about my quilting was it was something I could point to and see what I had done. In my job papers and problems passed over my desk and while I was busy all day long there was rarely something I could point to. Plus, playing with fabric is soothing And while many find it intimidating, I rather enjoy quilt math. I'm lucky I found quilting relatively early in life, started as a high school senior and so I've had this great hobby for some 40 years.

If you do have the time, I would seek out RL quilters as previously mentioned. If not, here we are and a great place to ask questions. I'm self-taught and am happy to save someone else 20 years of trial and mostly error if I can!

Waving hello from Maryland! You'll learn and find inspiration here.

Welcome from Michigan!

Sending another welcome to you. This is a great place for inspiration and help when we get stuck along the way.

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to have you here.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.