new to website

Old 08-15-2007, 12:02 PM

My name is Rose and I live in Phx. AZ.
I have been reading messages and finally decided to sign on.
I have been quilting for a couple of years and have learned so much from just watching the webside QNN. It is video and has all the major celebrity quilters.
I belong to a small group of quilters who have been quilting for years. We make quilts for Wounded Warriors. It is fun and leaves you with a good feeling that you have helped a soldier who has been injured in the war.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Hello Angel Rose,
I'm the mom of a soldier and there's nothing better than YOU. I so appreciate every stitch taken for any military person whether overseas, in hospital, or on stateside duty. We are so lucky to have our wonderful military.

I would love to watch the QNN videos but I live in the country of North Carolina and can't get anything but dial up yet. One of these days my ship will come in and I can afford cable, but until then, this is better. This group has taught this old quilter something new every day!

Welcome, join right in. Ask if you wonder where things are, how to find something, or if a pattern is puzzling you. They taught me paper piecing by email this week, so there you go. Isn't that the right group to be with??

Sharon
Old 08-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Hello Rose! So glad you joined on. We all make quilts for those around us so you will fit in well here. Any site links to your group effort is also appreciated for those of us looking for something more to quilt. Look around, ask questions, answer questions, post pictures and just plain have fun. Welcome! :D
Old 08-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Hi Rose, glad you decided to sign on and join in! I think it is wonderful that you quilt for our wounded. Knowing that someone cares and is thinking about them really does matter.
My brother was in the military (just retired) my cousins, and many of my children's friends are also currently serving. I am just starting to quilt myself, so my contribution to our soldiers is to send letters with pages of jokes or other humorous things that put a smile on their faces and that they can share with everyone else.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will have many questions Im sure.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 PM

Hi Rose:
Don't know where I've been all this time...on the web alot but I missed your introduction until just today...sorry this is late and sorry it took so long but we are so glad to have you a part of this wonderful quilting "family." I appreciate the stitching you do for the soldiers, too. Our quilt group just started making Christmas Socks for our soldiers for next Christmas. We'll stuff them will all kinds of fun stuff like beef jerky, phone cards, disposable cameras, shampoos, and hard candy. I'll be a fun project. Welcome. Keep on quilting and post some of your work.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:21 PM

Thats really great, our troops need to know they are appreciated.
We just finished a quilt for a local soldier that has serious head trauma.
I feel so bad for these young kids whose lives have been changed forever.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 PM

Rose, Welcome!!! This is a great site & there are a lot of very nice people here that will enjoy sharing with you. Thanks for your support of our wounded troops. It is so hard to see & hear about our young men getting injured or worse. I've had limited time on the computer (& usually very late PM) so I didn't see your post until today. We would love it if you would post some photos of your work sometime.

Pam :D
Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM

I dont have a scanner for my printer yet.
I make only lap and baby quilts since I quilt them myself, which is proving very hard to do. Pieceing is so easy by comparison.
The quilts my group makes we send out for long arm quilting.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 PM

We like lap & baby quilts too. I don't have a working scanner on my printer. It has the capability but my husband didn't want to uninstall the internet to make the scanner on the printer work. At the time my daughter was using the internet on the computer everyday for nursing school. She has since graduated...however now I just download directly from my digital camera to the computer. I won't say that's easy for me as every time I try to download photos I've had to have my daughter help me do it. She says it only takes 6 times of doing it to remember & I asked her if it had been 6 times & she said yes. I guess I just need extra help where computers are concerned!! LOL