Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Newby here from IN

Ok.. I've finally done it....gotten brave enough to introduce myself..Quite honestly, I've just been too scared I'd be TOTALLY sucked into this "quilting thing" you all got going here! I'm a busy (at this point, stay at home mom) housewife & mother of 4 (almost all grown kids) and I LOVE EVERYTHING about quilting!! Sooo I already love all of you!!! I have been a member for several yrs. but have had major pc problems for the past 3 and am just now being able to read the newsletters from then. I have looked at nearly ALL the pics that have been posted of quilt items you folks have made and saved them in my files to "reference to". They all are absolutely beautiful!! You all have a certain 'charm' about you that mesmerizes me, I guess that's part of being a quilter. So.. I will try to post from time to time (although I will be starting a job in a week and don't know how much time I will have) but I definitely want to get back to my quilting that has been laid to the side for way too long now and I have to say that you all have inspired me to do so. Thanks for all the enthusiasm, etc that you have brought and I hope to meet all of you soon!!! :wink: Hugs to all for now & goodnight (it is past midnight here in Indiana)

Blog Entries
    U R so funny. Scared of getting sucked in indeed! I hate to tell you - by the time you posted the intro, you were hooked. muuuhaha.

Greeting from Sacramento CA. Looking forward to your pics.

Hi! Welcome from Oklahoma!!!! :D

Welcome from southern California

Welcome from Florida!

Blog Entries
    Hello there & welcome from Washington State!! :D

welcome from Louisiana!

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. Hope you're not too busy with your new job that you don't have time to quilt and show us pictures.

Hi and welcome from Ohio from a Hoosier too.I hope you will be able to sew some after you start your job. You will love it here
    Darlene

Too late now, you are already sucked in! I found this place at a low point in my life and it has been great! Also inspired by all of the pics. Welcome! Ninnie in NC

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!!!

Yep, you're hooked already -- enjoy the ride :-)

(Where in Indiana are you located?)

Yep, that soft little noise you hear here from time to time is another stitcher being sucked into being a quilter......mmmwwwwaaaahhhaaahhhaaa... :twisted: :twisted: and welcome from East Tennessee!!

Sewjoyce-I'm from a Little town called Farmland-East of Muncie or NE of Indianapolis-And funny thing (Darlene) I'm originally from Oxford OH-small quilting world!!!...........

And it looks like this is going to be "THEE place" to be sucked into.. :lol: I love it already- and I, too hope I can get started back on my quilting..even w/job...I actually am going to be doing the Indiana Census for 2010.
    Since I posted I've thought of a few quilts I have made and if I can get pics, I will definitely try & send several if I can figure all this stuff out-not too good on the pc sometimes.
    --Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!! :mrgreen:
    -Janny-wow-Greenfield is about an hour south of me and I have a son that goes to school in Southern IN (Evansville, USI)

Welcome from Arizone. Live here now, but was from Greenfield, IN. Still get back there about once a year to visit relatives. Still a "Hoosier" at heart. :lol: :P :roll:

Yes, it is an addiction but the best kind!

I am a relative newby and initally laughed at
    everyone's description of their stash.
    Let's just say I can't laugh any more.....
    The more fabric the merrier!

Welcome from Pine Grove, California!

I really love the little quotes at the bottom of each profile-will have to figure how to do that- Mine will say "she who dies with the most fabric, wins"!! :wink: :roll: :D

Welcome from Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by mommabogue
    Sewjoyce-I'm from a Little town called Farmland-East of Muncie or NE of Indianapolis-And funny thing (Darlene) I'm originally from Oxford OH-small quilting world!!!...........

And it looks like this is going to be "THEE place" to be sucked into.. :lol: I love it already- and I, too hope I can get started back on my quilting..even w/job...I actually am going to be doing the Indiana Census for 2010.
    Since I posted I've thought of a few quilts I have made and if I can get pics, I will definitely try & send several if I can figure all this stuff out-not too good on the pc sometimes.
    --Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!! :mrgreen:
    -Janny-wow-Greenfield is about an hour south of me and I have a son that goes to school in Southern IN (Evansville, USI)
    Would you believe that I just live a few miles from USI in Evansville??
    :D :D

Banned
    welcome from wa. :D

Welcome from SW Iowa. I too work full time and believe me you will find time to quilt. So glad you are here.

cool, Sewjoyce!! I may have to look you up when I get back to Evansville..just sent son back this afternoon. He drives usually so we don't get down there much.
    --so many different areas ppl are from, that is so neat!!-coming together for the love of quilting!! Thanks again for all the welcomes.. I WILL have time lilhud, & everyone-u inspire me so!!
    hugs,
    momma

A very warm welcome from Colorado. I have a fondness for IN -- my brother has lived in Worthington, IN for many, many years. He's so funny, as he is "teaching" me Hoosier-ese. Good luck on the new job. I also work full-time and do most of the work around the house, but I ALWAYS make time in each evening to cut and/or sew. It's my sanity saver.

Welcome from St. Louis, MO. Have fun building your stash! :lol:

Welcome from TN. I know what you mean about following the forum for years before joining in all of the fun. I was like you following all pictures and advice. A wealth of information here. Have fun with it, and again welcom.