Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Potential Singer193 buyer confused >

Potential Singer193 buyer confused

Potential Singer193 buyer confused

Old 05-31-2020, 02:50 PM

Default Potential Singer193 buyer confused

Hi everyone,

I'm from South Africa. I have an urge to sow some stuff. Always wanted to make my own clothes and move away from mainstream options. But using old school manual non-motorized seweing machine.

I have my eye on a Singer 193 - guess I'll have to make a new thread, but I'll ask here also. It seems like a rare model. Possibly 193q (made in Mexico in 60s). No real info available online. It comes with a table, foot pedal, but seens foolish if I can't find any parts or info at all on this rare model.

Is it safe to assume that the nore pipular models parts will be interchangeable even though most arr nade in USA, etc. Or will I be stuck with a mexican model with no parts availability? It's available close to where I live and in seemigly good condition, but I want to use it and not retire it at the 1st breakdown.

Anyone know anything about these?

Thank you
Old 06-01-2020, 02:58 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the auiltingboard.com.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:47 AM

Welcome to the board, I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable Singer people will be able to answer your questions.

I love a nice solid vintage machine, but my excitement is more for the electrified post-war Japanese machines like a Morse or my Remington -- and even then I don't much more than "I like it".

Looks like Q stands for Queretaro, Mexico.
https://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/193/
Old 06-01-2020, 04:49 AM

Welcome from Southern Indiana...I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but there are lots of folks on this board that are knowledgeable about older machines, and I'm sure you'll eventually get the help you need. Hope you're sewing soon! Have fun!