Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from SW Washington State (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-sw-washington-state-t17567.html)

medots 03-18-2009 02:28 PM

Hi from Yelm, Wa. Just out side of Olympia
we are from s.e. Where are you?
Welcome would love to meet you.
Marilee

adrianlee 03-18-2009 04:15 PM

:-) Hi from NE Washington, about 50 miles from Canadian border, 85 miles from Spokane. I'm new to the site. I'm 65, married, I retired 2 years ago and am enjoying all the time I have now to sew, read, and snoop at yard sales. I have 2 quilt tops finished, now to "sandwich" them together. I hope you feel better soon. Not fun being sick. Take care.

rita333 03-18-2009 04:54 PM

I LIVE RIGHT IN OLYMPIA ON THE NE SIDE. JUST A FEW BLOCKS FROM BAYSIDE QUILT SHOP. I'M ON NORTH CENTRAL STREET. MY DAUGHTER USE TO LIVE IN YELM, GLAD SHE MOVED INTO OLYMPIA. MUCH CLOSER FOR ME NOW THAT THEY LIVE ONLY A FEW BLOCKS AWAY FROM ME. MY GRANDKIDS GO TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL. I DO LIKE TO GO TO GEE GEE'S. I GET OVERWHELMED WHEN I GO IN THERE.

medots 03-18-2009 05:16 PM

When you are comming to Gee Gees drope me a line and maybe we can meet.
[email protected]

b.zang 03-18-2009 06:32 PM

Welcome from your northern neighbour.

It's fun to see so many people here from the west. In just over a week I will be heading out on a road trip south to northern California and will pass through pretty much all of your towns - they're all familiar names to me. (isn't Cashmere where the Aplets & Cotlets come from?) We will be drivining home along the coast highway right around the west to Port Angeles. Would love to meet people along the way although I know that it can be difficult to fit a visit into a travel schedule. But, I will be thinking of you as we drive through.

If anyone has a "must see", please send it along, especially if it would interest me - a quilter, or my granddaughter - an 11-year old. DH can be content to chauffeur! :-)

medots 03-18-2009 06:43 PM

If you are comming through Yelm a must see is Gee Gee's quilt shop. Have a great trip

sharon b 03-18-2009 06:46 PM

hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Hope by now you are feeling better
Sharon

ennael 03-18-2009 08:13 PM

I am feeling much better. Back to work - wah!! Anyway - it is good to hear from so many close by. I am pretty busy the rest of the month but I will try early next month to get out to Yelm to Gee Gees.

gcathie 03-19-2009 12:40 AM

Well I'm not from Washington but I am from Ohio and sorry ypu were sick but glad you found this site....stop in often always something going on and to see!!.....:-)

achancy 03-19-2009 10:35 AM

Welcome from Texas!

I was born in Portland and we lived on an island in the Colombia River the first 5 years of my life (near Cathlamet). Hope to make it back someday to do some genealogy. Have ancestors (Howard) from that area and Waitsburg area.