Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello all........Are guys welcome here ???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-all-guys-welcome-here-t215092.html)

giquilt 03-01-2013 08:42 PM

Are you Quilter? If you are then you are welcome. Show your stuff! This board is great!!!

Drocket1 03-02-2013 07:21 AM

WOW! Wish my "first quilt" was as awesome as this! LOL Great color choices and very pretty, no matter who's bed it was on, would look great! I need to get off this couch, stop looking and start DOING something in the sewing room this am! Welcome aboard from souther IL!

sewNso 03-04-2013 06:09 AM

i am in awe of your first quilt. great job, and what dedication. i am a firm believer in keeping it simple to start with, that way the project gets finished. 4 patches, 9 patches, log cabins, etc. my two grdsns just collaborated on a queen quilt at xmas last yr. and i have another grdsn who is 26 who wants to learn to quilt.
and of course you are welcome here. you guys show us ladies up real regular.

btiny36 03-04-2013 06:41 AM

Welcome to the Quilting Board Randy. You won't find a better place to hang out and can't wait to be a part of your quilting journey. We here on the board are like one big family. There is no gender or age restriction here....so have fun and enjoy......

barny 03-04-2013 06:48 AM

Hello totally. Of course you're welcome here. The more the merrier. Some of the best sewer [tailors] are men. Why not. I hope you enjoy this place. These people are the most helpful, kindest on this earth.

valleyquiltermo 03-04-2013 07:32 AM

Remember us when your on TV and teaching, like Ricky Tims. Welcome from mid-Missouri. Love both your quilts.

DebbE 03-04-2013 07:36 AM

Welcome to the board! Some of the best quilt shows I've been to (like in Sisters, Oregon) have entire sections dedicated to male quilters -- and their quilts are always different and wonderful! You did a great job on your quilt - can't wait to see what you do next!

IQ2 03-04-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Totally Straight (Post 5895092)
I'm also finding I enjoy the piecing portion of making a quilt alot more than actually doing the last step of quilting. Is this unusual ??????

I used to feel the same way about the quilting part...in my case it was the fear of messing up the top which I had worked so carefully on. But once I got up the courage to plunge in and quilt (in the ditch) I got so excited to see it turn into a "real quilt" rather than just a pieced fabric. Even now, I have to get into the mood to go into quilting mode. Once I'm ready, I love the quilting too. I haven't done FMQ yet on anything but practice sandwiches, and I also just took a hand quilting class which was a lot of fun. Give yourself time. You'll get to love each aspect of the craft. I've only been quilting for about 4 years.
Welcome:)

mcgeeca 03-04-2013 04:18 PM

Welcome Randy from south central Ohio. Your quilt is beautiful as well as your wall hanging. Glad to have you join us.

Rntraveler 03-04-2013 05:11 PM

Welcome! Can't imagine why you wouldn't be welcomed. Always need a fresh and new opinion and who knows, you might turn out to be the greatest designer and give us all wonderful ideas...Look forward to pictures..