Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-t15.html)

sewmuch 11-20-2006 06:54 AM

Hi Everyone, just joined today. Looking forward to sharing ideas. I am 65, have been quilting for about 5 years now and love it. Live in Calif.

Joanieu 11-20-2006 07:36 AM

Hello everyone... My name is Joanie and I just started quilting this summer. I love it. I am 50 years old, married (for a very long time) and I have two dogs. I love this newletter especially since I did not take any classes in quilting and I have learned very much from it. I am sure I will learn even more by being a part of this forum.

thymeout65 11-20-2006 02:39 PM

Hi All!
I'm Jutta from northern New Jersey. I've been quilting for about a year and a half, so I'm still new, but I don't get much time between work and kids. Hoping to get to know all of you a little better!
:-)

Magoo 11-20-2006 06:42 PM

This is my first attempt on a message board. Not too sure if I am doing this right. I am 74, quilting for 6 years, and obsessed! Have competed 30 quilts and usually send them to a pro for quilting. Hope to pick up some good ideas. I major in squares and rectangles. Have branced out on occasion, but not too often. Looking forward to having fun on this site.

linda 11-20-2006 07:28 PM

:lol: hi all,I am Linda and I live in Broken Arrow Okla.I love to quilt.I have one in the frame( x King) and am working on 3 more,pieceing.And baby quilts also...Hope to learn and share from all the other quilters on the board....happy quilting.Linda

Leslee 11-21-2006 06:37 AM

Hi Penny! I also love the 30's fabrics and I'm glad to see them making a comeback in the stores. Eleanor Burns has a wonderful book called Egg Money Quilts that you might get some ideas from, if you'd like to stay with patterns from the same era.

countryquilter 11-21-2006 06:50 AM

I love 30's repro fabrics as well!! I just completed a class on the Egg Money Quilts. My top is not yet completed, and I have to set it aside to complete a project for a gift. It is exciting to hear that some one else likes this kind of thing!!

Imsewhappy 11-21-2006 07:02 AM

Hi everyone!!!! Boy, I sure think this message board is an awesome idea!! I was so excited when I found out about it :D

I love this site....the newsletters have helped me so much! I started quilting just over a year ago. I am 37 and have 4 children, 2 girls ages 15 &18 and 2 boys ages 9 & 12. 2 cats, 4 dogs and the BEST Hubby around!!!!

Take care everyone....I have lots of reading to do on the message board! HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

JeanS 11-21-2006 08:36 AM

Hello to all the quilters! I'm Jean and live in St Paul MN. I'm 63 and have 2 great daughters who each have 2 wonderful kids - love being Grandma.
I LOVE quilting - I made a quilt for each of the grandkids a couple years ago. It was a good way to really get into quilting.

countryquilter 11-21-2006 09:20 AM

Hi!

I guess that I am just curious about Hawaiian quilts. I never knew that they existed until I saw a breathtaking example in a book! :D Please tell me what you love about them.