Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Argentina! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-argentina-t16703.html)

OLDNTATTED 03-31-2010 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pennyswings
OLDNTATTED ok and I am looking forward to more pictures of your quilts, etc.

Here is my first PP I got the site for the plans from cutebuns.

retrogirl02 03-31-2010 09:57 AM

Welcome from another fabricaholic in NW Indiana!! I keep telling my husband when we retire to the Carribean he'll be saving so much money when I bring my growing stash along. I may have to live in a hut, but as long as I've got electricity, my supplies and the beach, I'm golden.

aberi 03-31-2010 10:03 AM

Penny, Welcome from Ontario Canada!!!!!
It is so wonderful to have a place where people come from all over the world. We are just embarking on Easter weekend and mother nature and the Easter Bunny must have gotten together because we are going to have temperatures of 76 to 80 degrees this weekend!!! A warm front coming in .. can you imagine. We just finished up a week in the 40 to 50's.... WE will all be walking around in tank tops! One thing about Windsor ONtario ( right across the border from detroit Mi) The weather changes here on a dime .. one day very cold and the next very hot.... Anyhow Welcome to the Board. YOur quilts are beautfiul!!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Angie :lol:

pennyswings 03-31-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Welcome from another fabricaholic in NW Indiana!! I keep telling my husband when we retire to the Carribean he'll be saving so much money when I bring my growing stash along. I may have to live in a hut, but as long as I've got electricity, my supplies and the beach, I'm golden.

Hey don't forget the bless the internet. Were it not for the internet I would not be able to buy some of the beautiful fabric they sell in the US because they sure don't have them here in Argentina!! Of course I will not tell you about the shipping charges and how they are enough to buy a couple of yard of extra material. I miss the US, especially my family and NY.

pennyswings 03-31-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by aberi
Penny, Welcome from Ontario Canada!!!!!
It is so wonderful to have a place where people come from all over the world. We are just embarking on Easter weekend and mother nature and the Easter Bunny must have gotten together because we are going to have temperatures of 76 to 80 degrees this weekend!!! A warm front coming in .. can you imagine. We just finished up a week in the 40 to 50's.... WE will all be walking around in tank tops! One thing about Windsor ONtario ( right across the border from detroit Mi) The weather changes here on a dime .. one day very cold and the next very hot.... Anyhow Welcome to the Board. YOur quilts are beautfiul!!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Angie :lol:

Thanks Angie for the welcome and the compliments. I have been on for a while but this thread was revived. Guess I should be saying welcome to you too. LOL
I know about the crazy weather there it has been the same in NY the past month. One day it is like summer and the next it is in the 30's.

pennyswings 03-31-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED

Originally Posted by pennyswings
OLDNTATTED ok and I am looking forward to more pictures of your quilts, etc.

Here is my first PP I got the site for the plans from cutebuns.

Ok have no idea what a PP is but it is beautiful. Love the colors and the design. Cutebuns knows some good sites that is for sure.

retrogirl02 03-31-2010 06:25 PM

pp is usually paper piecing.
You're SO right. I cannot live without the internet! I'd be lost.

pennyswings 03-31-2010 06:52 PM

Duh!! of course that is what PP is. Can you tell I am tired or what??? Spent the afternoon finishing off a table runner for my DS and DDIL for a gift then went to finishing a log cabin quilt I am still working on. Guess that will dull the brain. LOL

retrogirl02 03-31-2010 07:44 PM

I think I forgot what it was all the time until I actually started using it for my current project. OH I love the PP ones now...don't think I'd be able to complete this without them.

amazon 03-31-2010 08:04 PM

Hello and welcome from Alabama :D