Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vicarious Quilter and dog

Vicarious Quilter and dog

Quilting has consumed me. Loved all the colors, patterns, textures and designs. Loved looking at and buying fabric with finished quilts dancing in my head. I started quilting about twenty years ago and I have the stash to prove it. I have made quilts for friends. Still would like to finish once last quilt for husband.

Sadly, I am downsizing soon and all my unfinished projects, fabric and machines must go. I may be able to quilt again but it won’t be for a while. So, I joined here so I can live my quilting life online for a while. I still like it all but just the next chapter of my life will not have room for it.

Darcy is my dog. He is one year old and he brings joy every day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Welcome from NY!
    Pat
    Brother NQ 3500D
    HQ Avanté

This is a great site to learn new info and/or just to read. Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC.

Welcome to the QB! Darcy is adorable
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Welcome from Michigan!

welcome from se TX
    diane

Blog Entries
    Hello, and welcome from Dallas, Tx. area. I love dogs, and yours is beautiful.

Welcome from Texas! Darcy just put a huge smile on my face. He is soooo cute! So sorry you are having to downsize & get rid of your quilting supplies. Is there any way you can keep your sewing machine? Maybe you will be able to quilt again soon & can just purchase fabric on an "as needed" basis. Perhaps you have a friend that could store your unfinished projects for you and you could work on them one at a time. If you lived next to me I would gladly take your stash/UFO's & store them until you had time to work on them. Or better yet, I could store them here for you & you could come over to my house to sew on them. I think I would go crazy if I did not have my machine. I wish you the very best in this next chapter in your life.

Welcome! Darcy is a beautiful dog. Downsizing is never fun, but perhaps one day you can get back to the quilting fun and buy fabric as needed!

Hello and welcome from Australia. Darcy is a beautiful dog.

first -darcy is beautiful!! i just want touch that silky hair
    second -with our last job related move to place we'd lived before & i knew hubby didn't like, i figured we'd be living in an apartment for few yrs. and we did, a small one bedroom. i packed my sewing, knitting, needlepoint yarns & canvas, embroidery patterns & threads ...everything quilt related & only kept out my featherweight & a few essentials like graph paper tablet, few small rulers, my cutter etc. everything except the machine fit into a large businees style shoulder bag w pockets & slots. i figured there'd be lqs somewhere & i could just work on wall quilt & mini's till i had house again. he decided he like the area after all & i spent all my time on pc househunting instead of quilting. found a house. all my stuff is still neatly packed in boxes in garage except for machines, cutting mat and rulers that i've added since we moved here. i tried sewing on kitchen counter, unfinished basement & finally landed in dining room. it's cramped, crowded, but useable. there is no room in this house for a sewing/project room. so, i guess i'm still downsized until somebody wins a lottery & gifts it to me so we can finish that basement. i believe, where there's a desire there is a solution ..i hope my apartment idea maybe helps you find a way to dabble in the enjoyable world of quilting, albeit, on a much reduced scale.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Blog Entries
    welcome from long island ny
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Welcome from South Louisiana and I love your Papillon, Darcy. He is a beautiful little guy.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Welcome from Oklahoma. I love your little dog. I love dogs also. (look to the left)
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Welcome from OHIO!
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Thank you. So much is unknown. I appreciate you sharing your dog🐾🐾 ❤️, welcomes and movingstories. It makes me feel less alone during this transition. I wish you all a lovely quilty day.
    Last edited by Darcyshannon; 11-14-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    Thank you. So much is unknown. I appreciate you sharing your dog🐾🐾 ❤️, welcomes and movingstories. It makes me feel less alone during this transition. I wish you all a lovely quilty day.
    you are not alone.....may seem lonely at times, but it will pass. Live is an unknown thing.....just take one day at a time..we have all been in the valley-one kind or another-and the climb up may seem impossible at times, but you will make it----and that beautiful little dog will be your strength!

please keep in touch here, we are all here for you!

Blog Entries
    Such lovely words of encouragement Geri B.....and so true.....Jane