Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Vivienne at Rainbow Disks >

Vivienne at Rainbow Disks

Vivienne at Rainbow Disks

Old 08-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Welcome from Alaska.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Hi from Texas! Will have to check out your video...
Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
OB

Hi, and welcome from NY :lol:
Old 08-28-2011, 10:27 AM

How is new York - just been talking to a friend there who is worried about flooding?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Hello from Nevada, USA! I assume you quilt as well as introduce lovely U.K. quilting disks? Welcome aboard. I often visit relatives living in Angelsey, and just love it there. I've spent much time in the U.K. (away from London). I watched the U-Tube video, and the quilts are just lovely. Will have to check that out. I haven't paid much attention to the quilting over there. Spent too much time "visiting", and having tea. Would love your point of view on some of our Quilting Board questions/problems. Please don't go away!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Hi MacThayer, I am an honorary quilter, having worked for years with many of the UK's top quilting authors! I would not presume to give you experts technical advice, but I will suggest to the authors I know that they might get busy on this site. You can read more about my background in this article in Patchwork & Quilting magazine: http://www.rainbowdisks.com/p/Vivienne
Old 08-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Welcome from Ohio
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by viviennewells
Hi MacThayer, I am an honorary quilter, having worked for years with many of the UK's top quilting authors! I would not presume to give you experts technical advice, but I will suggest to the authors I know that they might get busy on this site. You can read more about my background in this article in Patchwork & Quilting magazine: http://www.rainbowdisks.com/p/Vivienne
Hi Viviene, You have a fascinating background. Lucky you to be able to work with creative people all your professional life! It must be so mentally stimulating and satisfying for you. The perfect job, if there is such a thing! I have a writing degree, among other degrees, and have edited several books, so I understand the process. It's always been such a gratifying process for me to undertake. Say, when you're dealing with these creative quilting people, why don't you suggest to them that they join our Quilting Board? We could use their talent, and their U.K. perspectives and techniques, and perhaps they'd like a little taste of American quilting as well. (I really had to laugh when, in the article you suggested, there was this woman who "Americanized" U.K. books for our market. Was that just the language, or did you have to change the perspective/focus as well in order to attract us Yanks?) I've lived in both countries. When I lived in England, I was startled by how much of a foreign country it really was. I guess I expected it to be more like America, and it wasn't. It was British, and everything was different. Of course, that was before there was a Starbucks on every corner, and I was forced into loving to drink tea (still can't drink coffee anymore, and I used to love it) because the coffee in England in the early 1980's was terrible, at least where I lived in the West Midlands. Enough. Thank you for taking the time to spend some time with us, and I've bookmarked your site because there are a few "books" that really interest me. Cheers!