Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Wendy in Pensacola >

Wendy in Pensacola

Wendy in Pensacola

Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Hi, I'm Wendy and I am a Fabric-holic. I think I also have some other fabric disorder, since I seem to always wish I had more than what I bought, and I wish for a Fairy Godmother to grant me an unlimited fabric allowance. I also wish to be cloned so one of me can stay home and make more quilts.

I have been on the quiltingboard for over a year now, but I never actually did this Introduce Yourself thing. I live in Pensacola, FL (since mid 2004) and I got here just in time for Hurricane Ivan. I spent most of my life in Southern California, and I do not miss it. I do miss a few of the quilt shops though!

I am married ( for the 3rd and last time ) and I have a 22 yr old son and 19 yr old daughter from my first marriage. My son is married already! No grandkids yet. We can keep it that way for a few more years. My DH has two teenage daughters that are not part of his life at this time, but he is hopeful!

My sign in name is Quiltmaker101. My current avatar is my king size quilt Leaving California, from McCalls Quilting October 2002 cover, but I have changed the name to make it mine. That magazine cover made me want to make that quilt - my first quilt of many. Now it is a compulsion - an addiction - a rewarding and frustrating outlet for my creative energies! I love it!

I love everyone I have met here on the board so far. Y'all are so fun, funny, friendly, helpful and encouraging! I really look forward to seeing who is in the Chat room, and who has posted new work!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:07 PM

Hi Wendy,
It's nice to learn more about you. I love the quilt in your avatar. I made 24 of the maple leaf blocks, but I haven't put them together, yet. Hopefully your avatar will inspire me.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Not to worry, there is no, nor ever will be 12 step programs for fabric stashing!! Thank goodness!!! I'm glad to know more about you, and you already know I love ya!!! Can't wait to chat chat chat some more!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM

Hi, I'm Chele. I'm a fabric-holic too. Wendy, you are a hoot and I've enjoyed getting to know you. I think we will be friends for a very long time. Your quilting is an inspiration and I really envy your knowledge and dedication to the craft. Just a couple more thoughts...make more and make me something! LOL!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Glad I can make you guys laugh! And I am sure we will all be friends for a long time also.

One of us needs to move closer to the other so we can hang out in person!

As to making you something...my stash is pretty tame for your tastes, girlfriend!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM

Girl-If I didn't have a 5, 3, 2(this past Saturday) and just turned 7 month old-I'd probably own my own quilting store and live in it :lol: :lol:
I have to say my kids are great at not touching my zillions of things I have set up in my kitchen. They love the picnics thier Daddy has to set up in the great room pretty much every night. I'll get as much sewing in as I can in the day, then cook dinner and back to the quilting till about 3 in the morning. Daddy has been very good about the bathing, bedtime stories since I started quilting again after six years of not touching my Berina he bought for me when I was pregnant with the first.
Now I CANNOT stop. I thought it would relieve a little stress and give me some down time, but now I'm so addicted I can't stop figuring out new things; which has added more stress and NO downtime b/c I'm constantly figuring out what, how and when I can Quilt![/quote]
Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 AM

Hi Wendy
I really lreally love this quilt of yours ....and I am very happy you are part of our group....The only thing I don't like much is that I am so far away.. .lol
:roll:
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM

Wendy, I see it didn't take you long to start using the word y'all. LOL! Welcome to the South. Linda

PS: I've been looking at your avatar for some time admiring the beautiful quilt.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Administrator

i'm with the others. loves ya to pieces. :-)

when she starts "fixin" to do things, we'll know she's here to stay. :lol:
Old 02-01-2008, 02:45 PM

I guess I need to work on my Southern here too! Terrible being mostly from California! At least I don't speak like a Valley Girl!

And I am originally from South Carolina. That counts for something!

I might could get used to speaking with a drawl, even in writing, y'all!

LOL