Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Who makes the HOUSEHOLD ZigZag Model 920 ? >

Who makes the HOUSEHOLD ZigZag Model 920 ?

Who makes the HOUSEHOLD ZigZag Model 920 ?

Old 10-07-2020, 09:17 PM

Default Who makes the HOUSEHOLD ZigZag Model 920 ?

I just got my FIRST Japan made Vintage Sewing machine but ONE Problem, I have NO IDEA who made these really colorful sewing machines. It kind of has the Singer 15 shape I believe, but no number on it except for "920" with the word JAPAN under it.. It needs a slider plate for above the bobbin area and it looks like a standard measurement 2 7/8" x 2 1/2", if I measured correctly. I want to restore it enough that it looks almost new. I am not that confident to strip her down and try to recreate what is there right now. Any ideas
Attached Thumbnails 079375bd-0b2a-4a35-ab9e-77fb6095960e.jpg   img-2603.jpg   img-2607.jpg   img-2599.jpg   img-2604.jpg  

Old 10-08-2020, 03:42 AM

Singer made them.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:47 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 10-08-2020, 05:38 AM

Welcome, CraftySue.
Usually, Japanese machines will have a JA and/or JC number somewhere on the underside. The list that I use to try to help identify who made the machine can be found at http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/resources.htm about 2/3rds the way down the page. It is not complete as so many machines were made and then different names put on them. Additionally, there weren't any good sources from original companies.

I think of a 15 clone machine to have the tension on the face plate and a round stitch length regulator. Will the Real 15 clone please stand up The first link in that thread is no longer available, but found that it was at https://web.archive.org/web/20130509...-15-clone.aspx

Another thread about Japanese zigzag & straight machines can be found at Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines There is another thread about Fancy Stitches Japanese machines at.Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

One of the sources I use for Japanese machines is Deluxe Zig Zag Sewing Machine Manuals Instruction and Repair Manuals

I think it should clean up nicely to working condition. There are several paint chips and the chromed bits seem to have some pitting. They can be cleaned and polished to make them look better.

Have fun.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)