Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
1 of my favorite sites >

1 of my favorite sites

1 of my favorite sites

Old 12-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
They are doing a New Years Day Mystery. They do it every year and is a lot of fun. What ever the project ususaly can be done by days end. See the link at the top of the original message. (-;
Looks like fun. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Maybe we should bump this (like I am doing now) so more know about the New Years Day's Mystery quilt along. (-;

Originally Posted by dglvr
They are doing a New Years Day Mystery. They do it every year and is a lot of fun. What ever the project ususaly can be done by days end. See the link at the top of the original message. (-;
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM

Maybe we should bump this (like I am doing now) so more know about the New Years Day's Mystery quilt along. (-;

Originally Posted by dglvr
Great idea. I'm planning on doing it. Then we can all show pictures of what we did. It would be fun to get more people in on it. :thumbup:
Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Just the block by days end?
It says it's a 70" x 70" finished project...or am I being a blonde mousie? ;-)

I just went back...do they mean do a block an hour?
Who do they think I am? a mousie with a super cape and a magic needle wand? :lol:
(they only work for blessings and well wishes on others! ;) )
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM

They already have all the fabric and cutting requirements up, so most of the work is already done if you get that done before New Years. They are large Blocks if my reading is correct. There are 12 inch blocks and 14 inch strips along with some smaller blocks (24 3 1/2). They give a new clue every hour. But again all the cutting and blocks are done before the first so it is basically all sewing. I finished last years. I was behind but finished it by days end. It is fun. I don't know if I will be able to do it this year because I am still finishing up some blankets that I have to mail off. The recipents know they will come in the mail after the first but the first is almost here and I am not done. So I probably will just get the clues every hour. At least get all the directions and clues that day because after that they sell the pattern. So it is a freebie New Years and it is a lot of fun if you have others to do it with. They have a decussion board (at least last year they did) but maybe some of you want to get together and do it here at the board. I am going to post another BOM starting the first of the year after this post. It may have been posted already. It is Fat Cat Patterns and all her BOM's and patterns are awesome. This one is very detailed but something I totaly am going to do. Every year I say I am going to do a BOM well this is it! Watch for the post.
Originally Posted by Mousie

Oh, and are you realy a Blondie, LOL..... seems you are pretty bright to me. (-;
Just the block by days end?
It says it's a 70" x 70" finished project...or am I being a blonde mousie? ;-)

I just went back...do they mean do a block an hour?
Who do they think I am? a mousie with a super cape and a magic needle wand? :lol:
(they only work for blessings and well wishes on others! ;) )