Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 minute quilt blocks .. fun and easy!

Blog Entries
    That's my problem too. I save & save....then find more & more. What to make? what do I need? Oh.yes...something came in the mail,now I don't remember what I was gonna do with the gadget I ordered. So hopeless!

Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    I really need to stop looking at all these new fun ideas and methods, I cant decide what to do next !!

I also got the whole book

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM

tried this method this a.m. and it is fun and so easy...I had 4 1/2" sqs all cut so I used them and only basted to try the method and not waste my fabric...well it is sooooooo easy and took less than 5 minutes for the block..will be little more if i press of course
    SueFish-this was great, cant wait to try it! Thank you for sharing :)

Can't wait to try this. Thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny K
    Ok what is the best price so far and where did you order it from? I showed my quilt group today and they want to get a book...happy to say they all liked the larger block in the center as I did it and showed them

Quote Originally Posted by Granny K
    Ok what is the best price so far and where did you order it from? I showed my quilt group today and they want to get a book...happy to say they all liked the larger block in the center as I did it and showed them
    Here is the link to the 10-Minute Block Book on Connecting Threads.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/Boo...s__D45225.HTML

Blog Entries
    Is it just me? If we've got the instructions on video and all there is are three seams, why buy the book? Just wondering what the excitement is all about . . . .

Blog Entries
    Glad you asked that. Only thing I can think of is maybe the book has more than one pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Is it just me? If we've got the instructions on video and all there is are three seams, why buy the book? Just wondering what the excitement is all about . . . .

Yes, the book has blocks done using layer cakes and jelly rolls, but also gives yardage for different sizes of quilts, so you can use your own yardage. It tells you how to do regular square or curved finishes for the center. It tells you how to add extra "centers" between blocks. It has great step by step illustrated instructions. I have not had time to try it yet, but am planning on making one soon.

I couldn't sleep last night so decided to get on here around 5 this morning. I took a look at the video at least 5 times before I tried it. I had some odd 6 inch blocks I wouldn't know what to use on so I tried it with them. My first block was awsome! I was hooked. I spent the day cutting untill I felt guilty and had to make dinner, clean the kitchen and make a couple of hospital runs! Long story. But anyway if I weren't so tired I'd be back at the table cutting or sewing. BUt I did make 4 blocks and it was about 10 mins per each. Except one I had to work on. I will say the smaller the block that harder it is to line up the middle block but believe me if I can do it I know you can!! I was so tickled I had to show my girls when they came over. Oh I also done the Cathedral center block. Yeah I can make them but still I woudln't mind having the book, I'd like to make added center blocks like on ones you've completed. I think it would be a challenge but worth it.

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM

tried this method this a.m. and it is fun and so easy...I had 4 1/2" sqs all cut so I used them and only basted to try the method and not waste my fabric...well it is sooooooo easy and took less than 5 minutes for the block..will be little more if i press of course
    Had hoped to see pictures of quilts done with this pattern..

Mine turned into a UFO. Had to do 4 fast quilts for my grandsons Christmas. Well 3 for the boys and 1 doll quilt for my youngest grand daughter. I did clean up the sewing area last night and found the blocks, I do want to get them done. I enjoyed doing them!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    Mine turned into a UFO. Had to do 4 fast quilts for my grandsons Christmas. Well 3 for the boys and 1 doll quilt for my youngest grand daughter. I did clean up the sewing area last night and found the blocks, I do want to get them done. I enjoyed doing them!
    well get it finished up and show us!!

I take it that is an order Maam!! Ok Ok, I'll put it on my do soon list!! Today is my brothers BD and have to take him to dinner later, maybe I can work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the push! I needed that! HA! :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    I take it that is an order Maam!! Ok Ok, I'll put it on my do soon list!! Today is my brothers BD and have to take him to dinner later, maybe I can work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the push! I needed that! HA! :-)
    Well ok enjoy the evening and Happy Birthday to him but then I hope to see pictures of the quilt soon!!

4L
    I ordered it from Amazon.com. It came from an ind. seller but I found it on the Amazon site...

Blog Entries
    a bit more info on 10 minute blocks , different patterns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAZ3...DEF6C601DFBED2

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    a bit more info on 10 minute blocks , different patterns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAZ3...DEF6C601DFBED2
    Thanks for the link. I have the 10 Min.Block book and have made a couple of quilts using her tecq. But think I'll try her Twist & Turn next. Love YouTube videos

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    It is by Suzanne McNeill.. amazon.com has it. I love this pattern, I made a twin size one for my SS at church and it only took me about 4 hours total..start to finish including machine quilting it. I got the pattern from youtube too. I want to try the one that has the triangles in the corners next.
    Happy Stitchin' Linda B.

http://www.amazon.com/10--Minute-Blo...9997381&sr=1-8

Quote Originally Posted by salsalady
    where can i purchase this 10 minute blocks book? tried to find it after watching video couldnt find it. thanks for the help.

Makes it look easy. Thank you for sharing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maus
    Makes it look easy. Thank you for sharing.
    really is such an easy fast block to do..

4L
    I sewed one block up and sent it to a sewing friend of mine..
    Got an e-mail from her yesterday and she loved the block and has made 12 of them in the 10 inch size.. (I used 5 in. blocks for her sample.)These are addictive and contagious!! (( in a fun way))

Blog Entries
    Looks sooooo easy, think I will give it a try

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Casper..when we moved my machine rode right beside me in the front seat of my truck *L* The cat was in the back seat..it was a long ride for her..we moved 6 hours away from where we were. Been here 11 years now..don't plan anymore moves (hopefully) anytime soon..
    I love this block. Here are a couple of photos of the twin size one I made for my SS at church. I finished it in 4 hours. The only thing I had problems with was making sure the center square didn't 'sneak' back up and try to come out of the last seam..once I figured that out they went together fast & easy peasy..I added some sashing and corner squares on mine. Suzanne McNeill (the designer) is on facebook. I emailed her a photo of it and she sent me back a nice email.
    Happy Stitchin' Linda B.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperscott
    I'm in the middle of moving. My machine has been packed for two weeks. I'm going crazy. I NEED TO SEW!!!

Can't wait to try this block.
    close up of 10 min block
    Name:  Attachment-169779.jpe
Views: 187
Size:  37.6 KB

10 min block quilt
    Name:  Attachment-169780.jpe
Views: 167
Size:  45.7 KB

Wow the sashing and cornerstones really add a nice touch. Great thinking!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast