Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 12-13-2013, 10:20 AM

I'm going to start cutting this weekend....been busy finishing up other quilts. Do I absolutely need the Easy Angle and Tri-Recs rulers? If so, other than purchasing online, does Jo-Ann's carry these rulers? Or does anyone have an extra set they are willing to sell?

Thanks,
Julie
Old 12-13-2013, 10:29 AM

quiltsRfun, I wouldn't do them over, I expect they will be just as striking the way they are, truly. Yellow and neutral are both light colors, if at mattered the green would be at the top or bottom.

Stitch
this is my 4th mystery and based on past experience I would fully encourage you to get and use the rulers.
Be sure your fabric is pressed (and starched if you are a starcher, I am) and pay attention to Bonnie's instructions about right sides together, or right sides stacked.

Some of the members have said JoAnn's do have the rulers and they used their 50% coupon.

Mother is on the rampage this morning so I haven't cut anything yet, need to concentrate
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM

Are these the rulers I need to pick up at Jo-Anns?
http://www.joann.com/search?q=ez%20rulers

http://www.joann.com/wrights-ez-tri-...rulers&start=3

I'm so behind!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:43 AM

The second url is the right one.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Jean - I've been meaning to mention, is your avatar chicken a Polish? It's adorable!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltedCello View Post
Jean - I've been meaning to mention, is your avatar chicken a Polish? It's adorable!
Yes she is. Her name is Phyliss naturally. She's a fun bird to watch. We were at Tractor Supply one saturday when they were selling birds and we hadn't planned to get anything but we saw her and just couldn't resist, so we got her and an Bantam Old English rooster, they are inseparable, she follows him everywhere.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:32 PM

Has anyone heard if it's critical whether the pinwheel twirls to the right or left? My mailbox is acting up and I can't access the Yahoo group just now. In the instructions I would say that it is twirling to the left if I use the orange as my guide. I like pinwheels but I'm not keen in redoing them if they do all have to go one way.
KalamaQuilts...thinking of you as you care for your mother.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
Yes she is. Her name is Phyliss naturally. She's a fun bird to watch. We were at Tractor Supply one saturday when they were selling birds and we hadn't planned to get anything but we saw her and just couldn't resist, so we got her and an Bantam Old English rooster, they are inseparable, she follows him everywhere.
I've got Brahmas, Marans, Faverolles, one little Polish mixed with a frizzled Cochin (we think), big Cochin, frizzed bantam Cochin, and two silly OEG banty hens who are broody buckets given a look. One is frizzled - she looks like a pop can exploded.

The Polish girlie is called Kabuki. She looks rather like a makeup brush.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:50 PM

I've got about 20 cut and one stitched. Perfect 2" though. I really do love those rulers.

gardenergal, it doesn't matter which way as long as you are consistent with the cutting and sewing directions. My big lesson from a couple of years ago.

I have an old english gamebird silverlaced bantam, he is about 6" tall and of course is in love with my Barred Rock, the biggest girl in the coop. He was a surprise from a straight run bin. We love him but I sure wouldn't want a Big rooster

the mille feiore (sp?) is a bantam also. too cute to be legal
Attached Thumbnails peanut-sugarbear.jpeg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 PM

Finished the last of Clue # 2 on my second small quilt of Celtic Solstice late last night. Glad to see it is pinwheels this week. So here are my Quilt # 1 and Quilt # 2 with clue 1 and clue 2 together. Have all my 1/2 HST's sewn together for quilt 1 already
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451623[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]451624[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dec-10-2013-004.jpg   celtic-solstice-003.jpg