Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Alex Anderson and Edyta Sitar >

Alex Anderson and Edyta Sitar

Alex Anderson and Edyta Sitar

Old 03-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Thank you very much. I started watching and couldn't stop. Dinner is late, but husband understands.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM

I've seen this show before but enjoyed watching it again. Thank you. Edyta certainly seems like a sweet lady. I wish she could come to my guild and do a program and show us some of her quilts.

Last edited by fireworkslover; 03-23-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong
Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 PM

I loved this one. She is amazing and ...I too now feel the need for her books. Hmmmm...Mothers day is coming soon!!!
thank you for posting this one.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM

I made the hop to it quilt. I did this quilt in a class to learn how to applique. I still haven't finished it..although all the blocks are made. I have changed the border and am adding applique to it too. As is, it Might be big enough for a single bed, so I need to make it a bit bigger. I actually made the 1/2 sq trangles around the quilt in blues and purples, and lights and thought it overwhelmed the quilt.

I will tell you that I love Edyta Sitar's quilts she isn't the greatest on some of the details. Such as, the size of the blocks. The blocks are mentioned somewhere as 12inch blocks. I ended up remaking my center because I had made it a 12inch square. So my next ones were all about 14inch so I could cut them down! Finally somewhere in the book there is something that says that the blocks finish at 11 1/2. The blocks around the squares, I didn't find the size--I just figured out what I would n eed for a 121/2inch or 12 inch finished block (I wasn't about to go with a 11 1/2 at that point.)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Sewbelle52, I saw the video - thanks to amizjeanne - and loved the spool quilt! I went on her web store but could not find it. Could you please tell me if it is in one of her books or where the pattern is.....please? I have always loved spool quilts and especially loved this one! Thanks!