Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
All Hancock's Fabric stores are closing! >

All Hancock's Fabric stores are closing!

All Hancock's Fabric stores are closing!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:21 PM

I went into our local Hancocks yesterday, and it was barely organized chaos! The 20% off on outdoor upholstery fabric was the draw for me. I also got thread for less than $2 a med spool - all purpose, which I never seem to have ( I do have a huge stash of quilting thread). what really amazed me was how pleasant all the staff were - none of them were expecting it, but they calmly talked about where they would be llooking for new jobs, and still chatted with customers about their plans for their purchases. one of the reasons I really enjoyed shopping there was the staff.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trene View Post
I went into our local Hancocks yesterday, and it was barely organized chaos! The 20% off on outdoor upholstery fabric was the draw for me. I also got thread for less than $2 a med spool - all purpose, which I never seem to have ( I do have a huge stash of quilting thread). what really amazed me was how pleasant all the staff were - none of them were expecting it, but they calmly talked about where they would be llooking for new jobs, and still chatted with customers about their plans for their purchases. one of the reasons I really enjoyed shopping there was the staff.
I read some of the posts on the Hancock Fabrics facebook page, and there are posts from some of the people who have lost their jobs. Sad for them, as well as the fabric industry/shoppers.

https://www.facebook.com/HancockFabrics/