Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Anyone in WA need a ready made stash? >

Anyone in WA need a ready made stash?

Anyone in WA need a ready made stash?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 AM

So sorry for your loss. I wish that I lived closer, hopefully you will find someone that lives closer to you that would be interested.

Pictures of the fabric, books, sewing machines, etc. might help you in selling them. You may also consider breaking up the items and pricing them separately (example: each sewing machine, fabric, books, etc.) as one person may not be interested or be able to afford purchasing the lot as a whole.

Good luck and God Bless!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM

IF anyone goes there to check it out.....take a camera.....would luv to see pictures
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Isn't a featherweight a 221? Going for around $600 if in good shape and working order.
Wouldn't the next up from a 221 be the 222? This would be the featherweight with removable extension and if in good working order and in good condition is going for around $1200-$1400.

The stash is just a bonus!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Couple of years ago I stopped by one of these sales. Older gent was so proud to sell his wife's rusted old klunker of a sewing machine mounted in a refinished cabinet that he had very obviously worked hard to refinish and varnish until mirror shiney! Sitting close by wasa HUGE clear plastic tub of fabric pieces. So I asked if he would sell that separate and he finally conceded. I asked what he wanted for it - he said make me an offer. So we chatted about how his wife was a wonderful seamstress and his memories - he asked if I would pay $5 for the whole thing. It took my teen daughter and me both th lift it into the car. Most of fabric was old, but 3 unfinished quilt tops and plenty more for scrappy quilts for the local mission. So one never knows and I learned a valuable lesson that day.

When I took the time to be interested in him and the love of his life - just 15 minutes more out of my life - paid back BIG time. And as my husband tells me all the time when I'm impatient with someone - "remember, hun, you are going to be there one day yourself!!!: