Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Attention Bag Makers- do you think these would be easy to make? >

Attention Bag Makers- do you think these would be easy to make?

Attention Bag Makers- do you think these would be easy to make?

Old 04-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Here is a few I found on line to buy and make

https://www.google.com/search?q=McCa...w=1680&bih=905
Old 04-08-2020, 04:14 PM

The bags are super cute. I've only downloaded one pattern for a bag , but I've made several. Check out https://www.byannie.com/ 's free download for 'Easy Does it" bag. I watched the (free) all the way through, then again before each step! I have used batting in the middle, but I like the thicker, foam-like interfacing.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:08 AM

I made a suitcase for my great granddaughter and it was fun and yet challenging. I went outside my comfort zone but I learned so many new tricks that it was worth it and to top it off my darling loved it and puts her doll clothes in there. I would go for it and make one.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:35 AM

If you're not a bag maker you might want to try a simple bag first. Try making the placemat bag by Lorrie Nunemaker the Mazo post a link to a tutorial. You can make your own quilted placemat and to make it easier you do not need to put in the vinyl liner. If you decide to make your own placemat you can make it bigger or smaller to change the size of the bag. Lots of possibilities and it looks like a fun project.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:50 AM

I made clutch bags with zippers for my daughter's bridesmaids. Zippers are much easier for the bag patterns today, unlike the ones we put in skirts in the 70's. They do not require zipper feet and being nylon they can be trimmed once in place. I made a Gotta Have It Bag following the pattern, including zippers and vinyl pockets. The zippers were the easy part. The difficult part was finishing the bag by sewing cloth back and vinyl front with good sides facing each other then turning it out. Even with curved corners it was a bit of a mess. But for my sewing tools, it worked well.
https://sweetseasonquilts.com/just-r...a-have-it-bag/