Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Black Friday at JoAnn's >

Black Friday at JoAnn's

Black Friday at JoAnn's

Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Default Black Friday at JoAnn's

I just got the ad for after Thanksgiving sales. Batting-both packaged and by-the-yard are 50% off and there are 2- 25% off your entire purchase coupon for both Friday and Saturday mornings. (excluding doorbusters-bummer)

One of the Friday doorbusters is flannel -$1.49/yd. I'm not getting any, I'm still using the stash I bought a few years ago.

And on Saturday, the Qulter's showcase prints are $1.99/yd. It's a door buster so can't apply the 25% off. Still $1.99 isn't bad.

Thread is buy one get one free and the Accuquilt go is only $199 with 25% off accessories. Tempting. I have the Go Baby, so I may see about getting some dies. (unfortunately, the 25% off coupons don't work for the accuquilt stuff.)

Needless to say, I know where I'll be on Friday and Saturday mornings this weekend.

Happy shopping!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 PM

I'll be there if I don't run out of money by then.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM

My nearest Joanns is 2 1/2 hr drive away and one of three fabric shops in Wenatchee, one is a LQS, Craft Wearhouse, and Joanns. Joanns is always busey and the last time I was in there it was a mad house! they only have room for 3 cutters and the poor girls were cutting as fast as they could, a fourth girl was manning the till girl #5 was trying to help customers find what they wanted, play catch up on the second till, and return bolts to the shelves, I had to wait 45 min to get 2 pieces cut. The line snaked around the cutting area, I asked one girl if people were on lunch bread, it was after 2 PM. She just laughted and said on days like this no one takes a lunch. This is not the first time I have seen this at Joann's. They have a great crew of very knowedable people but you would think the powers that be would bring in extra help on these big sales. Thankfully all the customers were very understanding and patient No I'm not going to drive 2 1/2 hrs to stand in line 45 min and then drive 2 1/2 hr again!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Mine is just down the street, about 1 mile. I wouldn't drive 2.5 hrs for it either. I stop in before work because my work is across the street, literally. If it's crazy I go back a few hours later. Last year it wasn't so bad because the door busters go until noon, I think everyone hits the other sales first and then go to Joanns. I think this year may be better because they have the number system and they announce the number over the speaker so you don't have to be standing right there if there are a lot of people in line, you can go shop some more.

There is a super store about 30 miles north but I won't drive for that either.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned

our closest joann is CLOSED for moving..sigh..why this time of year????
Old 11-22-2011, 06:45 AM

Guess where my hubby is taking me? He just doesn't know it yet!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 AM

Wow! I'm surprised they would do that at this time of the year. Sounds like that something that would be good to do in January when people are recovering from the holidays.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

lol thanks !! time to get in the car and gooooooooooooooooooo shopping !!LOL
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM

Praying that the backing fabric for quilt I'm working on is big enough, I really don't want to go to Joann's after Thanksgiving. If I go on Friday or Saturday because it'll be a mad house and if I go next week they may not have any more of the backing fabric.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm going to shop online Friday. I'll probably just shop for fabric and batting.