Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Brandy's Quilting Patterns site closed >

Brandy's Quilting Patterns site closed

Brandy's Quilting Patterns site closed

Old 12-01-2017, 06:02 AM

Default Brandy's Quilting Patterns site closed

Does anyone know what happened to Brandy's Quilting Patterns.com? When I went to their site recently, the message is that their site is closed. I always loved calling in my order and getting to chat with her husband, Charles.

It was my go-to place for mylar EPP pieces. Is there anywhere else to order mylar EPP pieces? If I have to start EPPing with paper, I'll cry..
Old 12-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Hi Kris, I don't know anything about mylar paper pieces. I order mine from Paper Pieces and they are wonderful to work with. Prices are good too. But they're paper, not mylar
Someone else will help you I'm sure.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:11 PM

I don't know what shape you are looking for but I see Amazon has some.
Just search for Mylar sewing templates.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:39 AM

I've never used mylar templates, I'll have to look into them. A quick search of mylar eep suppliers showed me Plainjanethreads.com (I have no affiliation, but it looks interesting!), also saw a few on Amazon, so there must be plenty of sites that sell what you're looking for. I've been using thicker cardstock paper for years, just run a piece through my printer and print a template from TexasFreckles.com's site (it's free to use) and cut it using an old rotary cutter and scissors. Good luck in your search!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:01 AM

Quiltbeagle... Thank you for the link to Plainjanethreads. This is exactly what I was looking for. the prices and quantities are exactly what my former supplier offered... Which leads me to wonder if plainjane happens to have been stocking from Brandy's. I'll look into it, as I will need many packs to teach at a quilting retreat next year.

I've tried cutting template plastic from Joanns, but getting a perfect 60degree diamond is more difficult that you might think. I definitely notice a difference in my points when I use non-laser cut pieces. Paper and yardstick is not as beginner friendly as the mylar. Your needle just glides against the mylar, and it's impossible to sew through, making them reusable forever.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Kris P- How does the seam stay down with the mylar? My only experience has been with paper. TIA
Sounds like a nice product.