Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Connecting Threads Stash Up subscription Club >

Connecting Threads Stash Up subscription Club

Connecting Threads Stash Up subscription Club

Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Sounds like a fairly decent surprise box, Onebyone. Maybe in a few months I'll sign up. Heavens knows I can always use FQs and thread!
Old 07-12-2019, 07:21 AM

I signed up. The first box was great, so on June 10 I signed up for the 3-month discount price. Got an email saying my second box was on the way & charge was $49, not the discount price. Second box arrived, July card enclosed but thread & fabric was NOT what was indicated on the card. Ugly selection of greys, black & white, cheap needle threader and small bottle of soap. I called to ask why I was charged the regular price, was told I missed the cut off date of June 12! I could’ve forgiven that if the box contained the correct fabric which, on the July card looked nice, but all in all it left a bad taste in my mouth & I canceled.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:36 AM

I've ordered from Connecting Threads twice and both time the shipping was terrible.
It took almost 2 weeks to get my order! One time they didn't even ship it for 5 days after I placed it.
In this day and age, that is terrible. Their office is in Washington state I believe, and they must have fulfillment center in the East, like in Kentucky, but my package was mailed from North Carolina......or something strange like that. Like they literally drove to another state to mail it to me. And their fabric was pretty thin my opinion. I won't be shopping there again. I agree with Onebyone..."one chance is all any shop gets to get my money." Even though I gave them 2....I won't be back!
Old 07-12-2019, 11:52 AM

if you are getting free shipping, that doesn't mean instant shipping nor does it necessarily mean priority shipping. As noted above Smart Post is a shipping option for them. Not excusing the poor product, but when we ask for free, free is what we get.

Curious, on your invoice is there fine print shipping estimations and did the extra time to get shipped cover a holiday? thank you for sharing your experience!
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I ordered a book from CT ten days ago and it still hasn't arrived. I'm in no hurry for the book and know it will get here at some point. I agree that in this time of fast shipping, long delays are frustrating.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:13 PM

I like CT fabric quality and thread. I don't often buy fabric online, but when I do, it's generally from them. Their slow shipping issues must be kind of recent? Thanks for the heads up. I ordered some fabric to finish my daughter's quilt yesterday. Now I know not to expect it for at least two weeks. Let's hope CT will iron out their shipping issues soon, like how MSQC ironed out theirs a couple of years back.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:26 PM

I received an order from CT today, ordered 11 days ago. That is too slow to keep customers happy. I think it is the order fulfillment dept that is the problem. It takes too long to get the order ready to ship.