Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Craft in America: Quilts (PBS) >

Craft in America: Quilts (PBS)

Craft in America: Quilts (PBS)

Old 01-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

I always by pass the social statement exhibits at the big quilt shows. I don't want to see a protest or pushed agenda that someone thinks everyone should care about. Same with documentaries of the same. It's so over rated and now saturates the quilt world to over load.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:04 AM

I am always very interested in the Art and Craft movement in any country, and, without the people who started these crafts being celebrated, it is unlikely that their skills and knowledge would have flourished, and many of the arts and fine art education would have suffered. The programme is called 'Craft America' and it is an important way for the country to learn about its cultural, societal and historical development through craft.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:08 AM

I did not get to watch this on t.v. but really appreciate the link & the opportunity to see it. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2020, 05:45 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It showed artists and their work that I would never had been aware of. I enjoyed the piece about the Navaho quilter and the gal that dyed her fabric for large statement pieces. Showing quilting in different forms (loved the crazy quilts) and the textile artists, this show was fascinating to me. This program has a wider appeal to a larger audience imho. The show began by letting the viewers how quilting is alive and well! That is encouraging!