Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Extensive Quilting Terminology with Synonyms and Related Terms >

Extensive Quilting Terminology with Synonyms and Related Terms

Extensive Quilting Terminology with Synonyms and Related Terms

Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 AM

I am glad this is a hit. I really like it. Finding resources (shops & events) for when I travel is a blessing. The home page is offering 9 months free for all new listings this month. Some of my favorite shops are listed and I am going to tell the others about the offer. Add or have your shop added as well. Guilds and their events are free.

Originally Posted by Claire Scott View Post
I am so glad you like it. They did a lot to make our lives easier, and I think we should support and grow the site.

Check out the other unique features.
Localized calendars that only shop you about events near where you are traveling to.
Localized quilting resources near you.
Both are big time savers, but they have items missing we can help add.
If you see one missing, take a moment to add it or tell the resource owner to add it.
The more we support the site, the more it will help us when we travel.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 AM

I just received a newsletter showing they have a new feature where you can get a map of quilt shops and museums along a traveled route. Try it here

http://www.quiltinghub.com/Resources/Listings/tabid/101/ctl/RouteMap/mid/466/Default.aspx?Loc=DEFAULT

I think is is amazing. Why didn't anyone think of this before. I have never seen anything like it.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 AM

Hmmmm, Claire,
i like the idea but when I put in a 150 trip that I take frequently and know there are about 3 dozen shops, this site brought up 2 shops! So it doesn't appear very useful the way it is. I love the concept though. However, if they are expecting shops to pay to participate, then it will never be a very useful tool. Just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Hmmmm, Claire,
i like the idea but when I put in a 150 trip that I take frequently and know there are about 3 dozen shops, this site brought up 2 shops! So it doesn't appear very useful the way it is. I love the concept though. However, if they are expecting shops to pay to participate, then it will never be a very useful tool. Just my opinion.
You know I agree, it does need more shops. I looked at the home page and it is free for 6 months for the (non guilds) and $1/month thereafter. I think that sounds pretty fair. How many sales in a year would a shop need to get to pay for $12? One? I think if they can not afford that, they will not be in business much longer. I have been adding shops in my area and it is pretty easy to do. I guess, if it is to be more useful it is up to us to add the shops. The guilds are free no matter what. I see no reason why they should not add themselves and all their events into the worldwide calendar.