Fabric Now

Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Default Fabric Now

I just ordered Tammy Bowser's new Fabric Now software. It is a program that you can print your own fabric! The demo fascinated me . But the best part the fabric is printed in ready to cut templates! That sold me! I know it's not for everyone but I love high tech quilting. :thum bup:
I post more when it arrives and I get to use it.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Do you have a link for the demo? I couldn't find it on google.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

The presentation is drawn out but fill out the short survey and watch the video. The girl is sorely lacking in how to market her stuff! Her website is a mess of confusion. But I waded through and got the download. I will print some fabric this week and post how accurately it printed, easy to sew and most importantly how it washes. There is a 90 day return so if it isn't up to snuff I'll return it in a heartbeat. http://getfabricnow.com/
Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM

I watched it. Loooong. I'd be interested in the longevity etc. of inkjet print ink over commercially printed fabric. If the ink jet ink is archival etc. and what the actual cost of printing one sheet would be. Ink jet ink is expensive. I'll be curious to hear what you think about it. And why she recommends using cheap fabric to print on....hmmm.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

In the demo she said several times she would provide the place where to buy the ink for 75% off and the medium solution that will do 200 sheets per bottle. I ordered the medium but don't need the printer ink. I have a case of cartridges for my printer and by the time I use those up I'll be ready for a new printer. I have colored white kona cotton using gel pens and set it with fabric medium and it has held up to many washings and rough use as I made a tote bag with it. If the gel pens will hold up I think the ink will. Of course I won't print my own fabric for a heirloom quilt but it will be fine for projects. Besides the software program was inexpensive anyway.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 12-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.