Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Folded Wreath Full 30 minute Tutorial >

Folded Wreath Full 30 minute Tutorial

Folded Wreath Full 30 minute Tutorial

Old 06-01-2016, 01:11 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
hmmm, no one wants to purchase the pattern?
I bought the pattern and found it too difficult to understand so I went looking for alternatives. It also used foam, why I don't know as I've not seen anyone say they used it. Not sure what the foam is anyway. Some tutes makes it real easy to understand so I wasted $9. :-(
Old 06-01-2016, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
I bought the pattern and found it too difficult to understand so I went looking for alternatives. It also used foam, why I don't know as I've not seen anyone say they used it. Not sure what the foam is anyway. Some tutes makes it real easy to understand so I wasted $9. :-(
Same here! I also wasted $9 on the pattern, and purchased the supplies listed- more money wasted... And if they paid me for my time and aggravation it would be a lot more! Its so much easier to make the squares and turn them like we make potholders! All you need is fusible interfacing, fabric. and a 30 degree (12 wedge) Dresden ruler! I watched the free tutorial and finally figured it out!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:09 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
Same here! I also wasted $9 on the pattern, and purchased the supplies listed- more money wasted... And if they paid me for my time and aggravation it would be a lot more! Its so much easier to make the squares and turn them like we make potholders! All you need is fusible interfacing, fabric. and a 30 degree (12 wedge) Dresden ruler! I watched the free tutorial and finally figured it out!
Actually it's easier than that for anyone who doesn't have a Dresden ruler. Measure down the right side of the square 1 inch and make a mark. Go to the bottom of the right side and measure to the left 2 1/2" and make a mark. Draw a line between the two marks and sew the squares together.

------------
/ _______/ down from top an inch.
/ _______/
/ _______/
/ _______/
------------
..........from right bottom corner to the left 2 1/2 inches

Draw the line and sew. Wish I could make a better box but you get the idea. :-)

It's still easy to make the squares with 3 materials and do the applique on the front which eliminates having to turn the squares by using the cut and X and turn that they show you. Or go by the tute and add a border to the second piece all the way around. You can make the border smaller by cutting the middle larger and the border material maybe an inch? Haven't tried that yet. Still trying to finish a quilt top and put it and another top together. These wreaths are more fun though.

Once you do one it's easy to see how to do it better/easier. LOL