Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Found a great store for Backings/Battings In Michigan

Found a great store for Backings/Battings In Michigan

RMC Quilts in Port Huron, Michigan I stumbled on and they specialize in wide backings and Cuddle fabric backings along with flannels, all sorts of batting and long arm services and she ships.
    Jacki, the owner was kind enough to take me on a tour of the operation and explain how all of her batting is made and priced....I also got to see where she longarms on her Gammill machines. What beautiful work.
    But, the real star of the show is the huge selection of backings that she carries. I was amazed. No more piecing backs for me!

https://www.rmcquilts.com/

Watson

PS....and attached to the shop is a HandiQuilter distributor, Sew You Quilt. Paul was extremely helpful to me while we figured out a part I needed for my mid arm. They carry full longarms to demo, parts and accessories, needles and thread as well.

Power Poster
    Glad you had a nice visit and found what you are looking for.

I'm going to have to pay them a visit! Thanks for sharing!
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out in the summer some time. It looks like they are close to the beach, so I could add seeing the lake to the trip. :-)

I’m so glad to hear someone talk about Port Huron! The Handiquilter shop is owned by a distant cousin. At least I think that’s what she is to me. Any how....I’m glad you liked the shop.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Thanks, Watson, for this link. They have some gorgeous backings. I love using them too. Not wild about piecing backs for the most part.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for posting, Watson. You reminded me that I need to get some backing for the top I'm almost finished with If my LQS doesn't have what I want, I'll definitely be paying their website a visit. I like to avoid piecing backing if I possibly can.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Watson, thank you for sharing this information. Will have to visit them when the weather warms up and I don't have to worry about driving in snow or ice.

RCM quilts

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    I'm going to have to pay them a visit! Thanks for sharing!
    just check website for buisness hours . I keep getting there to early. I go do the rest of my shopping, then find I've spent to much in other places , to get back across.

I have been there several times-they are always so nice. I bought a whole bolt of their yummy flannel for Christmas gifts. Everybody loved them!

Blog Entries
    I'll have to take a ride out there! Thanks for the link.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings