Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Quote Originally Posted by rubymae
    I am cutting strips and doing steps 1 and 2 this week. I am leaving to go spend some time with my sister and will have not 3....not 4....but 5 days of unintrupted, blissfully sleepless days of sewing (or doing whatever I want)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh that sounds like sew much fun enjoy your time with your sis

RubyMae does your sister sew as well? Hemmm, :D

Quote Originally Posted by mary705
    Yes, it was quite a lot, but oh so colorful. Started pressing around 1:00, pressed the last one about 7 pm, but I did take breaks too. And of course, had to clip the corners off of each before washing them, so my pinking shears got a good workout too.
    Mary, When I wash my fat quarters I put them in one of those mesh bags that are for undies and thingys and wash on gentle. I have not had to snip corners on the fats since I started to do that. Just thought of it while reading your message. Also I use a rotary cutter with a pinking blade when I do sides or corners. :D

Never thought of that, I do have two of them. I do have a pinking blade for my rotary cutter too, haven't used that yet either.

Am sewing my little triangles together until my lunch is ready.

I have not started part three yet. Probably this afternoon. I hope :-o

no, Donna, she doesnt. But I thot I'd combine some time with her before we leave the west coast and get some sewing in while I was there. With all the packing I still have to do for the move I may not have much time to sew again until we get settled in out new place

Step 3 completed. They are all there, just not spead out to show it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mary, you are a brat :D :!: Just kidding. You know what is going on, I am :mrgreen: Good Going. And they look great.

lol. Thanks DonnaRae. Decided to quilt my Lemon Lime Delight quilt. I have it hanging on my design wall, which I need so I can decide how I want to put my Boxy Stars blocks.

If anyone stills needs a ruler for step two, the easy angle, (which could be used for more projects) there is one on ebay for $2.99

This is what the ad reads.
    Kit includes the following:
    4.5" Easy Angle (for cutting half square triangles)
    Quilting pins
    Finger Guard thimble
    Pattern for wallhanging quilt 42" x 42"

Thats pretty cheap for everything. plus $2.99 postage It is a buy now not bid and has 12 more hours.

I found it looking for other rulers. Here is the addy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Make-A-Friendship-Star-Quilt-Kit-by-EZ-Quilting-Wrights_W0QQitemZ260233952387QQihZ016QQcategoryZ19 160QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"I need a little help from my friends so I can get by with a little help from my friends"...I am working on Step 3 of Orange Crush and am a bit confused...I do not have the Easy Angle companion ruler so am planning to cut squares on the diagonal , as suggested BUT I want to ask if 4.25" as she says in instructions means 4 1/4"....Going to wait for replies before I start cutting...Thanks in advance...Kathy

Yes, .25 is one-quarter of an inch. 4.25" = 4-1/4". Have fun!

rulers are available at joanns 3 dollars with coupon.......you get 2 different ones

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    rulers are available at joanns 3 dollars with coupon.......you get 2 different ones
    Ruth, that's great if you have a Joanns near you. I sure don't. Wish I did.

Does anyone know how often the new steps are posted for the Orange Crush Mystery quilt...Finished Step 3 and am anxious to see Step 4....I think this quilt is really going to be awesome....

Nope, no idea. She at one time said two to three weeks but last time it was only about a week. Anyway I have not even started three so I hope it is no time soon. Been way to busy! How about a picture of your blocks. We love to see them! :D

I think it's been about 2 weeks apart. She posted part 3 early cause she was going out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by mary705
    I think it's been about 2 weeks apart. She posted part 3 early cause she was going out of town.
    Oh goody, so maybe this one will be three weeks apart. I know all you quickie brats won't like that :!: LOL.... But I will :mrgreen: :D

It's given me time to work on other WIP.

Here are my scrappy step 2 and step 3 blocks.

stepn 2 and step 3 all done
    Name:  Attachment-9265.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  99.5 KB

They look great Pam, very bright

Thanks Mary, Yours look really nice too.

I ripped out more on step 3 than any other step, for some reason I kept sewing the little triangles together wrong. I'm ready for a break, I've got a baby quilt to get done this month.

Thanks. It did seem to take a little longer to do fewer pices on part 3. Had to re-read and refer back to the picture quite a bit to get them done.

I guess I better get started in case I have errors while sewing them. Pam, your blocks look great. I love the stripes. Should be interesting when we see the end result. :!: :D

Thank goodness for that, I need a bit more time too. Just finished step 2, Started cutting for step 3 today and made an absolute mess of it, I kept getting the math wrong for the little triangles and had to keep re-cutting them, Grrrr. Oh well plenty of new scraps for the scrap bin :lol: I must of had some sort of brain fug, I kept adding the wrong amount of seam allowance to the wrong measurement :roll: :lol:
    Luv your colours Mary, do I see a similar peice of green leopard skin print in yours? Those stripes are way kewl Pam. Can't wait to see how all these parts are gonna be put together :P .

Split 4 Patches
    Name:  Attachment-9496.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  61.1 KB

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast