Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaRae
    Oh goodie goodie goodie, lots of us it seems are going to be doing this mystery. It will be fun to see how each one turns out. So who is ready? Not me. :?
    Ok I chose my fabrics last night (photos of swatches coming soon), I also started cutting my 2 inch strips.. so far I only have some of the whites done... I was working on another quilt last night. I had to do some prep work for that one. Hopefully over the weekend I"ll start pieces all those 150 4 patches!! fun times ahead!!!

I cut from my scrap bin for the 4 patch......I have about half done

now I have to cut my three colors up .............right? I keep pulling out fabric and changing my mind.

Yes Ruth you are doing good. But hee hee, you are just like me, can't decide on the fabric, don't want to use that, this, maybe that, won't go with this, and on and on. hee hee.

I have my 2" light (white/off white) strips cut. Hope to get the 4 patches finished this weekend. I am still debating colors too. :?:

I went to "Henry-JoAnn's" and had a spree like Henry does. Don't tell my DH-I came home with 2 huge bags of fabric. They had flannel on sale and I couln't resist. Looks nice on my shelf-waitng for me :lol:

I'm making this one too. I have half my four patches done. Very diverse colors and prints. I hate not knowing what the finished quilt is supposed to look like, but that is the point of the Mystery Quilt. If it looks dorky, I guess I will donate it. Hopefully it will look nearly as great as Bonnie's scrap quilts look!

Wow everyone is realy going at it. I don't think it will look dorky. At least I hope. I guess it maybe up to us with colores. And maybe I should make a trip to Henry--Hancocks store. No, I am trying to be good. My husband is going to make our back carport into a sewing room for me but we have to buy all the materials. And this morning he mentioned that every time I spend money on fabric that is that much further to it getting done. So the question is fabric or more room. Hard one :!: :D

I'm having the same problem deciding on the colors. But will get started this week-end. I have never done a mystery quilt before, i think it's exciting to find out the steps one at a time.

Thanks for posting about this quilt. I am going to give it a whirl. I have never done a mystery quilt. I am going to start my four patches tonight after my son goes to bed.

Tricia

Great everyone. The more the merrier!!

Ok... I finally got my four patch fabrics cut into 2" strips. I plan to actually sew them together tomorrow night. My plan was to work on them over the weekend but was hardly home. We had a beeeeeeeaaautiful sunny weekend here and just HAD to get outside and enjoy it. Trevor and I took his 6 year old neice to the butterfly exhibit and to her swimming lesson.. His sister's birthday was Saturday so we had a little party. Yesterday we went out to breakfast, had his other sister and 1 year old nephew over for a visit, then we were off to my Mum's home for supper. whew... no sewing done at all this weekend!!

Anyway, I am attaching a photo of the fabrics I will be using in my 4 patches. I cant' wait to start sewing them up!!!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like your fabric selections Aggi.

I got 70 ( yahoo only 80 more to go :lol: ) of my 4 patch blocks done over the week-end. My blocks are real scrappy looking.

Go going Aggie, I was going to work on mine this weekend but ran in to as snat with the pattern I am checking. Seams to have some errors. Anyway I will get to it! Love your selection. Hmm, I know I am using blue but the rest is a guess. Have to see what I have in scraps.

How is everyone else getting along with the quilts blocks? I've finished all my 4-patch blocks last nite. I'm ready for the next step.

I'm ready too! I thought it would take forever, but I whizzed through them!

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I'm ready too! I thought it would take forever, but I whizzed through them!

Chele, did you go with a color scheme or scrappy?

I just went very scrappy with mine.

I finished the 4 patches........very scrappy...........not pressed yet. I am waiting to cut other till i see what it is going to be like :D :D I have this urge to match stuff :roll: :roll: :wink:

Well I am still finishin up something I had to do, inbetween going to the dentist with an abscess and he gave me antibotics, which either the antibotics or the abscess threw me for a loop. I am so tired. I do a little then sleep, and mostly sleep. Oh well I will catch up with everyone this weekend. Hopefully she does not put up step two yet. I need time!!!!!!!! :?

I know what you mean Ruth on matching, it was a really hard for me not to make my 4patch colors match up. lol.

Feel better soon Donna

Quote Originally Posted by PamH
    I know what you mean Ruth on matching, it was a really hard for me not to make my 4patch colors match up. lol.
    That's me too. I thought I was having a split personality yesterday. Sometimes I wanted exactly matching and other times I mixed them, so it will look pretty crazy. I am making extra in case I decide to toss some.

I am ready for Step2!!!!

I have 1/2 done. I have set aside tonight to finish them though. lol I have to sew AFTER my son goes to bed. Otherwise I get nothing done.

Mine are scrappy on the dark part. All my light patches are the same fabric though. I didnt have very much in my scrap pile that was light.

That's tooo funny Wendy, because I made extras too so if i want to toss I can. :lol: :lol:

All my 4 patches are ready. I have extras too-just in case. I tried to weed out the duplicates too. Went quicker than I thought. First time doing a mystery. This has me out of my comfort zone!

Count me in!!! I will start on Step 1 on Monday. Have a busy weekend 4 days coming up and must put a top together tonight in which all blocks are done.

I am going scrappy. Going to use up all those Thimbleberries fabrics I've got! :D

Quote Originally Posted by imaquilter
    Count me in!!! I will start on Step 1 on Monday. Have a busy weekend 4 days coming up and must put a top together tonight in which all blocks are done.

I am going scrappy. Going to use up all those Thimbleberries fabrics I've got! :D
    Good, I won't be the only one behind! Okay everyone that has got theirs up to date pictures please :D

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast