Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 PM

Shelly, that's beautiful!
Jo
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Have all my pieces done, now I just need to lay them out and sew them together. Have a couple other things I want to work on too though, so this may get put on hold for a little bit.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 AM

I still have to make the side triangles and corner pieces for mine. And now that I have seen Shelly's I don't feel like mine is too colorful! I will have to read back and see how Shelly changed hers. It looks really great, ShellyQ!!!

Here is a picture of my layout so far. I made a king size, so doubled everything, and I alternated some of the Album blocks in a swirly aqua instead of all orange. I also alternated the star blocks - some are in a dark royal blue with spots, some are in a very lime/electric green.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45587.jpe  
Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 AM

ShellyQ, it sparkles! I absolutely love it!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 AM

Quilting Aggi said, "For the spinning star block in Step #4 I decided to make it solid navy and a tone on tone white. I think it will really stand out. Once I get some made I will post a photo. I have to decide on the orange fabric in Step #5 soon."

I used white on white with navy for 1/2 my stars too! The other half are very lime green and white on white! We must have been on the same wavelength Aggi!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 AM

Your quilt layout is amazing...I am so impressed that you were patient enough to double the amt. of blocks in the pattern....It seems like it is taking me forever to get all of mine done for the smaller version....And then when I read that I need to make 96 more blocks for the really neat border I am thinking I will be lucky to have it finished by the end of Summer...
Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Thanks for all the nice compliments, This quilt nearly didn't make it tho, I gave myself no end of troubles using all that black in the spinning stars block :lol:

Quiltmaker: Your layout is awesome, luv that orange teal combo in the alt block, really works for me and I don't think it's too bright, I luv brights :P A quilt like that on your bed is really gonna brighten your day come winter time :thumbup:

I'm not going to be around much for the next little while, I'm trying to get the next block sorted before my son visits next week, I only get to see him once a year in mid winter cause he works on a dairy farm and you can't get time off during peak milking season, so they usually have their holidays in winter. But I won't have dissappeared :wink: just a bit busy
Old 06-10-2008, 02:50 AM

Shelly,
Have a good time with your son, but we will miss ya :!:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 AM

Shelly you did a fantastic job!!! I like the name you chose for your quilt too!!! Pat on the back for a job well done!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 AM

Quiltmaker I loooove your colours!!!!! Your quilt is looking awesome!!!

I finally found the fabric I want for my Step #5. I hope to start it this week. I just picked up the fabrics this weekend for a wedding quilt and a baby quilt both that are due for this August! I also spent a good portion of the weekend working on Trevor's Van Halen Birthday lap quilt. I am also working like a mad woman on my flip flop tote bags again. I reeeally want to get back on this mystery quilt soon!! I still have a couple more quilts to start for teaching in September!!! I have sooooo much to get done this summer! I did manage to finish another Christmas gift though LOL