Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 AM

thanks so much. I will certainly pass on the wishes...

but things just got even more crazy here now. Trevor's father is in his 70s and he has a club foot. So getting around is tough on the best of days. This morning being so worried over his brother's illness, he was getting ready and as he was walking down the hall to go out to the car, he fell. He broke his knee cap on his good leg!!! He himself will now be immobilized for the next 6 weeks!!! Trevor called me a moment ago and told me that he is taking his father back home to be fitted in a special brace and will then need to go on complete rest for the next 6 weeks. The poor fella. He did get to see his brother in hospital though. Looks like the surgery has now been put off until Monday.

I tell ya, the fun just never ends around here!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
I want to do another also. I did find one that she says is really easy. She actually emailed me about something else and we got to chatting and she emailed me back about the mystery. But it has already started so I don't know. I already cut my "orange" fabric. Maybe I will work on baby quilt some then take a break and work on mystery.
Aggi, sorry to hear about Trevors Uncle. I will tell you though I had an operation years ago and they had to remove 20 percent of my liver. The doctor that did the surgery said the liver is the only organ that reproduces itself. Meaning it grows back. So maybe he will have a chance! But as we know with cancer that is always a big if.
DonnaRae, I hear Uncle Wince's spirits are good and the family are keeping their spirits up. I will certainly pass that information along to them when I see them this weekend

Cheers
Old 06-13-2008, 05:07 AM

Bonnie has a free vidio that I just happen to receive info about in an email from a yahoo group. Here is the addy.

http://bonniemccaffery.com/

Sondry gets the same email so she will probably post it in leads, if not I will. If any of you want to join the yahoo group that Sondry (She posted about the group in leads quite some time ago) and I are on also, here it the addy. I don't do alot on it because it is no way as nice as this one, but you learn and get a lot of freebies. Here it is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CyberQuilters/

Old 06-14-2008, 04:12 PM

woooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!! I FINALLY finished Step #5 today!!!! I will have photos posted before the weekend is out!!! I plan to take an evening this week to put all the blocks out on the floor and start sewing them together.

Tonight I started sewing together a quilt top for a friend's wedding gift. It has to be done by August. So I FINALLY got started on it!!! Well back to the sewing machine.... I plan to get more productive before the weekend it out!! So far so good!!!!

Yippeeee I'm so happy Step #5 is done!!! Now to sew the mystery together. Just wondering if anyone is planning to do the border that Bonnie has put on hers?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:02 PM

I am going to do borders one small black like hers, but not the rest the same. And braggart. Step five done. Phooey. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 06-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Not sure how I will put mine together. I don't think I will do it on point, because it makes my stars just kinda fade in. I want to see them SPIN.
I do want to make some of the flying geese blocks and work them into the border i do like how that looks.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
I am going to do borders one small black like hers, but not the rest the same. And braggart. Step five done. Phooey. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hee hee.... I'm sooo excited to put this little darling together!!! I will have to do it soon as I just found out I have an order for a dozen flip flop tote bags to have completed before the end of the month as a bunch of school teachers want them before the school year is out. The last day of school is June 29th!!!! no pressure!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by PamH
Not sure how I will put mine together. I don't think I will do it on point, because it makes my stars just kinda fade in. I want to see them SPIN.
I do want to make some of the flying geese blocks and work them into the border i do like how that looks.
hmmm you just gave me an idea.... hmm.......
Old 06-16-2008, 07:35 PM

Ok Aggi come on and tell us what your thinking
Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by PamH
Ok Aggi come on and tell us what your thinking
well I was thinking making a border of flying geese... but the other day I laid out all my block pieces to form the quilt and its rather busy. I think I need to tone it down a bit and try a different border approach. I am attaching my photos of Step # 4 to part of 6. I think I want to put in more of the solid navy in a border to calm down the yellows. Waddia think?

Step # 5...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12591[/ATTACH]

More Step #5. the half and quarter triangles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12592[/ATTACH]

My spinning star blocks from Step #4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12593[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12591.jpe   attachment-12592.jpe   attachment-12593.jpe