Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Gingher Scissors Sharpened >

Gingher Scissors Sharpened

Gingher Scissors Sharpened

Old 10-01-2015, 04:39 AM

Thanks for the info. Have two pair, one pinking shears , I don't use they are so dull.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for posting the info - debating between getting some of them sharpened or buying new ones.

Wonder if they give a bulk discount for several scissors sent in at one time?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:55 AM

I don't use mine much any more, but I still have my original pair from the 60's. I also have some that belonged to my grandmother (I used them in the 70's), when she was teaching me more about sewing. When she gave up sewing in the 90's (she had lost her eye sight), I was the only one who wanted anything from her sewing room. Thank you for the address, I know I don't use any of my Gingher's like I should but I still want them in good shape. So off to the post with them next week. Thanks again
Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Not to be picky, but sending them back to Gingher is the best way to have them sharpened back to new. There are lots of people,who sharpen scissors just fine, but not Gingher ones. I've heard of quilters having their expensive scissors, big and small, ruined. And thanks for the address - I live about 1-1/2 hours from Greensboro and wonder if I can take them over myself. Hmmmm....

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 10-01-2015, 09:30 AM

I agree about having them sharpened to the manufacturer's standards. I had my small thread snippers that were Ginghers given to me by my mother back in the 80's sharpened by someone at the sewing machine dealer and they ruined them. He did a wonderful job on my non-Gingher scissors but the little pair I used most often he did a horrible job on.
Thank you for the address for this service. I will definitely be taking advantage of this.
Also, I would have been so sad to lose my original box. Good to know they send it back.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:43 PM

My hubby, who can sharpen knives really well, sharpened my favorite small pair of Ginghers, I don't know that they are ruined, but they are no longer usable, the nut won't stay tight on them. I will send them in and see if they can be salvaged!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:16 PM

My Gingers needed to be sharpened a few years back so took them to a guy that advertised scissor sharpening. I was sure he had ruined them but sent them to Gingher and they too came back like new.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:04 AM

I have a pair ready for sharpening, so am happy to get this info! I am also going to dig out the old ones my husband gave me in 1973. Wonder if they can be sharpened. Saving the address. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Thanks for sharing, great price.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sprice View Post
I've had my 8" Gingher shears for about 35 years. Always have taken real good care of them but they needed to be sharpened. I don't see the guys that used to set up at craft and quilt shows anymore so I sent them back to the manufacturer in Greensboro NC. It took a month but they did a wonderful job. They are just like new. I am very pleased. If you are interested the address is Forveson Corp., 322-D Edwardia Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409. Enclose a check for $12 for each pair you send and it includes return postage. Only thing I was disappointed in is that I thought they would send me a new box. They sent them back in my 35-yr old box with stains, pet chews, etc.
Thank you so much! Great info!
Sandy