Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Good sale on batting and W&N Price by the roll >

Good sale on batting and W&N Price by the roll

Good sale on batting and W&N Price by the roll

Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM

Default Good sale on batting and W&N Price by the roll

Hi,

In case your Joann's is still open....I just came back from their sale. Batting by the yard plus packages was 50% off and the "Friends and Family" 25% discount also applied.

I got Hobbs 80/20 for $3.75/yard. I got W&N in packages for a price which amounted to the equivalent of $5.30/yd for 90 inch. Strangely enough, full, twin and king sized packages are actually slightly CHEAPER at Joann's than by the bolt (sale prices included). I was a little shocked.

Question: If I'd been able to buy a whole bolt for my price today, it would have cost ~$212 for a 90 inch, 40 yard bold. Has anyone seen a 40 yard bold for less than $212 either at Joann's or elsewhere? I'm trying to decide if I should return what I bought -- or buy more! I don't have an immediate use for this batting, just thought it was an excellent price. If I can do significantly better -- or if I can't -- please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by TeresaA; 03-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:46 PM

Here's a site that I ordered some Hobbs 80/20 batting from, http://www.heartbeatquilting.com/sho...tting/Roll.htm. I ordered it late Thursday and it was delivered Monday morning, 120"x 30 yards, $139. Very happy with their service and the batting.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 PM

Darn , I completely blanked out on this sale and the extra coupon!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:48 AM

I always buy from Heartbeat Quilting. They've given excellent service; never a complaint. They have great quilting thread as well and I can't find better prices than theirs. JoAnns sales usually bring it down to what Heartbeat sells it for anyway. Great company.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:11 AM

I'll also throw in a good word for Heartbeat Quilting. I heard about them from my longarmer friend who's used them for years. I've only ordered a couple of times but the experiences have been wonderful. They're very quick and they called when there was a question on my order. Plus I like supporting a small business
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM

I just checked on Heartbeat and noticed they have prewound bobbins. Are those for use in home machine or only for
longarm? Seems like a good price if we can use them on our machines.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
Here's a site that I ordered some Hobbs 80/20 batting from, http://www.heartbeatquilting.com/sho...tting/Roll.htm. I ordered it late Thursday and it was delivered Monday morning, 120"x 30 yards, $139. Very happy with their service and the batting.
I love Heart Beat Quilting. Have for a couple of years. LOVE LOVE their prices and service.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:14 PM

Why would you return the batting? Just because you don't have an immediate use for it? Oh goodness! I have 1 1/2 bolts of WnN up in my closet. Did I NEED the second one when I wasn't even finished with the first bolt? Nope. I got it anyways. I will have a use for it. The only thing I haven't seemed to build up a stash with is white thread.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM

Thanks, everyone. My price on the Hobbs 80/20 ended up being the same as Heartbeat Quilting but WITHOUT having to pay for shipping. I'll buy from them, but when I go to Eastern WA this summer and can visit their store in person. I like them too. I would rather not pay the shipping. But I have to pay the tax either way.

Why would I return it, orangeroom? Besides the fact that I may be able to get a better price elsewhere, batting actually has a shelf life. I found some old cotton batting with seeds that is rancid. I'm afraid to use it for fear that it's rotten. Of course, the Hobbs doesn't have seeds, so it'll probably last forever. The W/N may be another story.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Lori S, you sort of have another chance at the sale, not quite as good, but okay. Joann's will have a 15% off coupon this weekend, while still having the batting on sale, I think.