Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How pins and needles are made

How pins and needles are made

My DH and I love the show "How It's Made", and this episode was re-shown just last week on tv......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJPpuL2sqQ Although this episode is at least 6 yrs. old, I still found it fascinating. Hope you enjoy it.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Interesting! We, too, love watching "How it's Made", we're often amazed at the many steps it takes to make certain items. Thanks for sharing this episode.
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

I loved watching that...I am always amazed at the ingenuity of the people who developed the machines to make things.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Great video & thanks for the link. As a kid, our class went to a bread making factory & also to a candy cane factory. I still remember parts of it (even after 500 years....). Ever since I've loved watching shows like that to see how things are made.

Wow! I never thought about how they were made. After seeing that I can't imagine how they are sold so inexpensively!

I'm glad you're enjoying the show....I'm constantly saying something like "How in the world did somebody come up with the idea on how to make that?"
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    Wasn't that amazing!! I found this channel by accident and I am absolutely hooked!

Thanks, very interesting to watch!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

mim
    wow!! thank you. I wonder how they made them before automation. Think of Little Women and all the hand sewing back then -- and even back in the middle ages. The invention of scissors changed the way clothes were made. The romans and the Celts just draped lengths of fabric around themselves.

I'm glad we have all the machines we do. I've sewn and quilted a double bed quilt by hand. It was a long winter
    Mim