Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine >

I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine

I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine

Old 12-01-2015, 06:27 AM

Cute machine. Looks like fun. Have considered buying the Janome that is the same size, wt, etc to take to sew ins because it is small and light weight.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 AM

That is a cute machine. Enjoy!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ro View Post
looks nice. but remember when you purchase one of these inexpensive machines they are what I refer to a "throw aways." to get it cleaned is at least $100 and repair is $100 just to look at it. so you might have to make a decision there. but enjoy it while you can.
I agree. These are very cheaply made machine not like back when some of us were young!!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 AM

I have the black one...it came out 2 years ago? And recently my friend ask me how to drop the feed dog or how to make needle stay down....well we discovered it can't! But otherwise Im Happy with mine. I brought this for decorative stitches mostly .
Old 12-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Do we really need to be so negative about some one's purchase? I paid $200.00 for my 2662 on sale and have had no problems with it. To be told it's a "throwaway" insinuates that one has purchased junk. Where many of the vintage machines on this forum were pulled out of "junk piles". Please if we can't say something nice, let's say nothing!! It's true, many items are not made like they used to make them. Many of us were not gifted with heirloom machines handed down to us. Would you like it if someone said your "new to you" beaten up , rodent pooped on, coated with mildew was a piece of junk a "throwaway"? Times have changed but let's not forget our manners.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I agree. These are very cheaply made machine not like back when some of us were young!!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:05 AM

I use this machine when teaching classes at Joanne's Fabrics, and the feed dogs DO drop. You have to remove the free arm cover, and the switch is on the back of the free arm.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by susiesparkle View Post
I use this machine when teaching classes at Joanne's Fabrics, and the feed dogs DO drop. You have to remove the free arm cover, and the switch is on the back of the free arm.
You are so right, susiesparkle. Thank you so much for that information. There's a small paragraph on page 12 of the manual about it.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ro View Post
looks nice. but remember when you purchase one of these inexpensive machines they are what I refer to a "throw aways." to get it cleaned is at least $100 and repair is $100 just to look at it. so you might have to make a decision there. but enjoy it while you can.
You make it sound as though it won't last very long, but I think you are wrong.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:22 AM

Congratulations on your new, cute machine! I'm sure you will enjoy it, and it's always so comforting to have a backup!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:10 AM

tessagin, you're my hero today. You said it much more eloquently than I could!