Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I Need Your Help!  Quilting Quickly magazine! >

I Need Your Help! Quilting Quickly magazine!

I Need Your Help! Quilting Quickly magazine!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 PM

Exclamation I Need Your Help! Quilting Quickly magazine!

I just went on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's web site and went to the link "Contact Us." Since Jenny Doan is the editor, I sent an email to them pleading to not discontinue the Quilting Quickly magazine. I know I am not alone in love love loving that magazine! It probably will do no good, but I just had to do whatever I could to let them know how much it will be missed. Any of you who are with me on this, please go to their website, link posted below, and voice your opinion. There is strength in numbers. Thanks for your help!

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal
Old 12-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

I didn't know they were discounting it. I am thinking they will probably go to an online version like Quilt Magazine. Disappointing for us that like an actual paper copy but more cost effective for publishers I guess.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Fons & Porter put out the magazine and it will continue to be published. Jenny Doan had only agreed to do 4 magazines so her stint is up. The patterns that she put into the magazines are ones that she has video tutorials of on YouTube. She will continue to make tutorials using precuts and the M*QC templates but they will be released via the YouTube tutorials.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/pro...nterested.html
Old 12-07-2013, 12:48 PM

For more information go to the MSQ website. They have a thread about this. Apparently it was putting a strain on everyone to keep up with the deadlines and not affect their regular business. It was published by Fons & Porter. There's talk of MSQ putting out their own magazine but not in the near future.

Edited to add: auntpiggy beat me to it.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:50 PM

I have already just heard back from MSQC. They say there may be a replacement of some type in the spring, so hopefully it will be good! The message is quoted below:

"Hello Kerry:
"I am getting a visual of a riot involving rotary cutters..... SCARY. :-)
"It is my understanding that there will be a replacement, no idea what yet, but there will be something towards spring..
"Let me know if I can help with anything else!
"Have a great day!
Mable Blanchard"
Old 12-07-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks, auntpiggylpn and quiltsRfun for the helpful information. I had heard it was due to time constraints, etc. I just enjoy Jenny Doan's "stuff" so much, that I loved sitting and drooling over the magazine. But, sigh, life goes on! Hopefully the one coming out in the spring will be good!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 AM

I, personally, am happier with the YouTube videos than with the magazine. For one thing, Jenny's cheerfulness is a good thing for me. In addition, it helps me to see how things are done. Good for Jenny for knowing her limits and accepting them. She's using good business savvy, and we should be glad for that as we will benefit by her continuing in the business.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:51 AM

i too love all the online videos Jenny does!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM
mah

Thanks for the information about the magazine. I didn't know they weren't going to publish it again. Wouldn't it be fun to go to Missouri and go to their new retreat center!! I bet it is fabulous!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 AM

Oh dear, I did not know the magazine is discontinued... I have already preordered the next one that was to be published... guess I will need to contact Fons and see what's up! Thanks for the info!!!