Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published... >

Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published...

Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published...

Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
... but apparently it's no longer associated with Jenny Doan and/or Missouri Star.

I guess Fons & Porter decided to keep the magazine and the name that's associated with Jenny's input. I haven't seen it in person, just on F&P's website. They have both paper and digital editions available:

http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/cat...gazine-issues/

Looks like somehow it's now associated with Keepsake Quilting - at least, they are going to sell the kits for all of the projects in the magazine.

I know it's been mentioned on this Board before that Jenny wasn't involved with this magazine any longer. Just giving a heads-up to everyone. I'm looking forward to checking out the "new" magazine anyway, just to see what the projects are like.
Jenny spoke at a Springfield, Mo quilt guild that I attended and she said the last issue in 2013 would be the last one affiliated with Missouri Star & she was going to load it up with patterns but thought Fons & Porter was going to continue the magazine. If you ever get a chance to see her speak, don't miss it, she is a hoot!!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:03 AM

I had emailed Jenny and asked if she was going to continue with the magazine and she said there would be "big news" coming the first of the year. Well it's almost February and no news yet. Anyone have any info on what her news might be?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 AM

No, but wouldn't it be great if Jenny, aka MSQC, put out their own magazine!! I would stand in line for that one, and maybe even camp out on the street!! Love my Jenny!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 AM

Ditto here. I love Jenny, too. She makes everything seem so easy and interesting and she's always just full of cheer.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Guess F & P couldn't stand the fact that Jenny was so popular. Love her tutorials and the magazine and love her personality.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 PM

When I saw it on the F&P website, I immediately noted that Jenny and MSQCo were not on the cover. I looked for it at Hobby Lobby but they did not have it stocked yet.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:35 PM

I e-mailed Missouri Star Quilting Company. They said to watch Facebook or your e-mail for the name of the new magazine.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 AM

Yes, Jenny hinted last year that there just might be a new mag. in sight involving herself, but nothing definite. I think she is going to put one out, not connected to F&P.
Also interesting that Liz has been resurrected lately. Maybe they finally came to the conclusion that she was really missed and needed on the show.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 AM

I had seriously considered subscribing to this magazine, but have still been picking up copies at Walmart. Wouldn't subscribers have been notified of this change? It would be a deal breaker for me. I haven't been too excited about recent F and P issues and was not going to renew. It seems stale to me with nothing new and exciting.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:48 AM

I love Jenny's video tutorials - she is like having s happy neighbor next door - and everything is broken down to such "easy" and "fun" chunks to accomplish. Love her style. :-)

Marysewfun